It is currently Fri Oct 02, 2026 6:50 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Need CRD Help
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 12:05 am 
Offline
LOST Newbie

Joined: Fri Jan 19, 2007 12:03 pm
Posts: 47
Greetings,

I have a 06 CRD and like most of us had the F37 done. :-)r I've done a couple of mods (orm, lift
pump and replaced the TCM with an 05 tcm & inmotion tune). The driveability is better, but
it seems louder when accelertaing than the 05 CRD I have. I can't seem to pinpoint the location
of the noise. The only time the noise shows up is when I'm driving. There is no specific attributes of
the noise (such as clatter, ticking etc), just generally louder. If it's parked or in neutral it's very quiet.
I'm thinking about going back to the dealer and seeing what can be done about the shift points.
(probably nothing, but you never know). Anyhow, I put it back to stock, and now the noise is significantly
reduced from before. I was hoping it would stay noisy and give me something to work with at the dealer.

I was thinking the extra noise may be coming from the transmission, but unless I can run at 45 mph
or strap myself to the hood of the car, I can't seem to pinpoint the noise.

Does anyone have any suggestions, other than go fly a kite, that I could look into? I would
greatly appreciate any help.

Thanks :D


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Need CRD Help
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 11:09 am 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2006 6:15 pm
Posts: 2733
Location: Atlanta GA
crawdad-480 wrote:
The driveability is better, but
it seems louder when accelertaing than the 05 CRD I have. I can't seem to pinpoint the location
of the noise. The only time the noise shows up is when I'm driving. There is no specific attributes of
the noise (such as clatter, ticking etc), just generally louder.

Thanks :D


Hi, I know you said there isn't a specific attribute, but is it exhaust noise, wind noise, road noise (tires, etc) metallic sounding? Does it appear to come from one direction (even without pinpointing it). Otherwise, the kite idea sounds good. :wink:

_________________
Image
2005 Silver CRD Limited :JEEPIN:
245/75R16 GoodYear Duratracs
Fumoto drain | ProVent CCV Filter
Stanadyne FM100 filter | Cummins fuel pump
GDE Eco | SEGR | BoulderBars | FrankenLift | Frankenskids


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 3:02 pm 
Offline
LOST Junkie

Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 5:28 pm
Posts: 605
Location: Michigan
I would guess that it is a combination of the 05 TCM in an 06 and the inmotion tune. 05 and 06 CRDs have different SW in EDC16, so there might be some messaging incompatibility between ECU and TCM, especially with regard to ESP/ABS. For the noise, does it sound just like the combustion is noisier (the "tractor" noise) or does it sound more external? If it is that the "tractor" noise is louder then that's a result of the inmotion tune.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 3:53 am 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Joined: Sat Jul 14, 2007 11:17 pm
Posts: 202
Check your alternator, it could be that the front bering is noisy. I do not know how much mileage you have in you CRD but it worth to take it look.

nescosmo.....


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group. Color scheme by ColorizeIt!
Logo by pixeldecals.com