| LOST JEEPS http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/ |
|
| New Owner http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=29770 |
Page 1 of 1 |
| Author: | KYCRD [ Sat Feb 23, 2008 9:29 am ] |
| Post subject: | New Owner |
Just joined the crowd. I bought an 05 CRD with 49K. Primary use will be daily driving and towing a ski boat. What are the best things that I can do to improve towing experience and reliability during towing? I'm already considering the SEGR mod, the Suncoast TC, and the DC Cummins lift pump. Thoughts on this regarding towing? Also, it looks like Suncoast makes a heavy duty transmission kit for us (not the shift kit). Anyone have any experience with this? BTW it looks like my CRD already has already had the F37 recall performed along with a replacement factory TC. PMB |
|
| Author: | kjfishman [ Sat Feb 23, 2008 2:49 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: New Owner |
KYCRD wrote: Just joined the crowd. I bought an 05 CRD with 49K. Primary use will be daily driving and towing a ski boat.
What are the best things that I can do to improve towing experience and reliability during towing? I'm already considering the SEGR mod, the Suncoast TC, and the DC Cummins lift pump. Thoughts on this regarding towing? Also, it looks like Suncoast makes a heavy duty transmission kit for us (not the shift kit). Anyone have any experience with this? BTW it looks like my CRD already has already had the F37 recall performed along with a replacement factory TC. PMB I would buy the Chrysler extended warranty before it is documented above 50k. (dealer service records) I am not big on extended warranty but I bought it and have recouped a could portion of it. I tow my fishing boat and I am very happy with towing performance. I ended up buying a longer tow bar from Etrailer.com to get the ball from being completely under the spare tire. if you don't have trailer brakes on the boat trailer I strongly recommend adding them. My boat trailer doesn't have brakes but I wish it did. If you wouldn't mind sharing what you paid so we have an idea of resale please do. If you don't want to I understand. |
|
| Author: | Sir Sam [ Sat Feb 23, 2008 2:56 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: New Owner |
KYCRD wrote: Just joined the crowd. I bought an 05 CRD with 49K. Primary use will be daily driving and towing a ski boat.
What are the best things that I can do to improve towing experience and reliability during towing? I'm already considering the SEGR mod, the Suncoast TC, and the DC Cummins lift pump. Thoughts on this regarding towing? Also, it looks like Suncoast makes a heavy duty transmission kit for us (not the shift kit). Anyone have any experience with this? BTW it looks like my CRD already has already had the F37 recall performed along with a replacement factory TC. PMB Was "AstroglideCRD" your second choice for a screen name? |
|
| Author: | Endurance [ Sat Feb 23, 2008 3:43 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: New Owner |
Sir Sam wrote: KYCRD wrote: Just joined the crowd. I bought an 05 CRD with 49K. Primary use will be daily driving and towing a ski boat. What are the best things that I can do to improve towing experience and reliability during towing? I'm already considering the SEGR mod, the Suncoast TC, and the DC Cummins lift pump. Thoughts on this regarding towing? Also, it looks like Suncoast makes a heavy duty transmission kit for us (not the shift kit). Anyone have any experience with this? BTW it looks like my CRD already has already had the F37 recall performed along with a replacement factory TC. PMB Was "AstroglideCRD" your second choice for a screen name? |
|
| Author: | VACRD [ Sat Feb 23, 2008 3:43 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
I tow a 21' center counsel that is 3,500 lbs. with engine I averaged 15 mpg on a 600 mile towing trip last fall. A would also recommend an extended bar. The one I had was to short and difficult to use. I replaced it. My new trailer has brakes and it is great to tow. My old trailer had no brakes and with boat weighed 2,500 lbs. It was much more difficult to tow, even though it was lighter. |
|
| Author: | honey_don't [ Sat Feb 23, 2008 6:30 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: New Owner |
kjfishman wrote: If you wouldn't mind sharing what you paid so we have an idea of resale please do. If you don't want to I understand.
Hi. FYI we traded a Toyota pickup to a dealer for the Jeep in my sig on my join date. The price we paid for the Jeep was $17900 and it has ~24.5K miles. Chrysler had bought it back under their customer buyback program because the "sunroof leaked". Our dealer bought it at an auction from Chrysler. The other CRD they had was from the same program bought back because of a CEL. The MAP sensor on ours was a ball of tar... |
|
| Author: | ATXKJ [ Sat Feb 23, 2008 6:41 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
if the MAP sensor looked bad - so is the rest of the intake - search for Provent or EHM. |
|
| Author: | ATXKJ [ Sat Feb 23, 2008 6:43 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
As for Towing - this one always makes my jaw drop - not mine - talk to danoid http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=299596#299596 |
|
| Author: | cxturboboost [ Sat Feb 23, 2008 7:58 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Price |
I bought a 2006 Limited with 25k on it last month for 16,800 Pete |
|
| Author: | KYCRD [ Sun Feb 24, 2008 1:42 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: New Owner |
Paid $13,900 for it at a dealer. Most of the other 4 within a 100 mile radius were listed at $2-5K more. PMB |
|
| Page 1 of 1 | All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|