It is currently Mon Sep 28, 2026 1:39 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: New Owner
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 9:29 am 
Offline
LOST Newbie

Joined: Thu Feb 21, 2008 7:33 am
Posts: 4
Just joined the crowd. I bought an 05 CRD with 49K. Primary use will be daily driving and towing a ski boat.

What are the best things that I can do to improve towing experience and reliability during towing?

I'm already considering the SEGR mod, the Suncoast TC, and the DC Cummins lift pump. Thoughts on this regarding towing?

Also, it looks like Suncoast makes a heavy duty transmission kit for us (not the shift kit). Anyone have any experience with this?

BTW it looks like my CRD already has already had the F37 recall performed along with a replacement factory TC.

PMB


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: New Owner
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 2:49 pm 
Offline
LOST Junkie

Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2005 6:06 pm
Posts: 610
Location: somewhere in MO
KYCRD wrote:
Just joined the crowd. I bought an 05 CRD with 49K. Primary use will be daily driving and towing a ski boat.

What are the best things that I can do to improve towing experience and reliability during towing?

I'm already considering the SEGR mod, the Suncoast TC, and the DC Cummins lift pump. Thoughts on this regarding towing?

Also, it looks like Suncoast makes a heavy duty transmission kit for us (not the shift kit). Anyone have any experience with this?

BTW it looks like my CRD already has already had the F37 recall performed along with a replacement factory TC.

PMB


I would buy the Chrysler extended warranty before it is documented above 50k. (dealer service records) I am not big on extended warranty but I bought it and have recouped a could portion of it.

I tow my fishing boat and I am very happy with towing performance. I ended up buying a longer tow bar from Etrailer.com to get the ball from being completely under the spare tire. if you don't have trailer brakes on the boat trailer I strongly recommend adding them. My boat trailer doesn't have brakes but I wish it did.

If you wouldn't mind sharing what you paid so we have an idea of resale please do. If you don't want to I understand.

_________________
Sold 05 CRD Patriot Blue, hole in the roof, Trailer tow, factory skids, LSD, Saris load bars, Michelin LTX M/S
Current Bright white 2010 Dakota Quad Cab 4x4 V8


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: New Owner
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 2:56 pm 
Offline
LOST Addict
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2007 2:07 am
Posts: 6220
Location: Colorado Baby!
KYCRD wrote:
Just joined the crowd. I bought an 05 CRD with 49K. Primary use will be daily driving and towing a ski boat.

What are the best things that I can do to improve towing experience and reliability during towing?

I'm already considering the SEGR mod, the Suncoast TC, and the DC Cummins lift pump. Thoughts on this regarding towing?

Also, it looks like Suncoast makes a heavy duty transmission kit for us (not the shift kit). Anyone have any experience with this?

BTW it looks like my CRD already has already had the F37 recall performed along with a replacement factory TC.

PMB


Was "AstroglideCRD" your second choice for a screen name?

_________________
http://www.Colorado4Wheel.com
"Its not about what you can DO with your Jeep, its about where you can GO with your Jeep."
Knowledgeable - But Caustic


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: New Owner
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 3:43 pm 
Offline
LOST Junkie
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 03, 2006 2:38 pm
Posts: 801
Location: Tuscaloosa, AL
Sir Sam wrote:
KYCRD wrote:
Just joined the crowd. I bought an 05 CRD with 49K. Primary use will be daily driving and towing a ski boat.

What are the best things that I can do to improve towing experience and reliability during towing?

I'm already considering the SEGR mod, the Suncoast TC, and the DC Cummins lift pump. Thoughts on this regarding towing?

Also, it looks like Suncoast makes a heavy duty transmission kit for us (not the shift kit). Anyone have any experience with this?

BTW it looks like my CRD already has already had the F37 recall performed along with a replacement factory TC.

PMB


Was "AstroglideCRD" your second choice for a screen name?


:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

_________________
2005 CRD Sport
Mods: Glasspack, OME HD Struts & Springs, 2" Daystar lift,
255/70/16 General Grabber AT2's on MOAB's
ORM&EHM with great success!
TJM T17 Bumper, 50W KC HID's
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 3:43 pm 
Offline
LOST Newbie

Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 10:26 am
Posts: 53
Location: Alexandria, Va
I tow a 21' center counsel that is 3,500 lbs. with engine

I averaged 15 mpg on a 600 mile towing trip last fall.

A would also recommend an extended bar. The one I had was to short and difficult to use. I replaced it.

My new trailer has brakes and it is great to tow.

My old trailer had no brakes and with boat weighed 2,500 lbs. It was much more difficult to tow, even though it was lighter.

_________________
VACRD
2006 CRD
AeroTurbine 2525 Muffler
FUMOTO, SAMCO Hoses
GDE Eco Tune, Euro Torque Con
New Fuel Filter Unit
2009 VW TDI


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: New Owner
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 6:30 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2008 11:51 pm
Posts: 151
Location: Palm City, FL
kjfishman wrote:
If you wouldn't mind sharing what you paid so we have an idea of resale please do. If you don't want to I understand.


Hi. FYI we traded a Toyota pickup to a dealer for the Jeep in my sig on my join date. The price we paid for the Jeep was $17900 and it has ~24.5K miles. Chrysler had bought it back under their customer buyback program because the "sunroof leaked". Our dealer bought it at an auction from Chrysler. The other CRD they had was from the same program bought back because of a CEL. The MAP sensor on ours was a ball of tar...

_________________
2005 CRD rolled August 2009


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 6:41 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2005 9:59 pm
Posts: 5171
Location: Austin, TX
if the MAP sensor looked bad - so is the rest of the intake - search for Provent or EHM.

_________________
2005 CRD
stuff
Skeptic quod gratis asseritur, gratis negatur


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 6:43 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2005 9:59 pm
Posts: 5171
Location: Austin, TX
As for Towing - this one always makes my jaw drop - not mine - talk to danoid

http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=299596#299596

_________________
2005 CRD
stuff
Skeptic quod gratis asseritur, gratis negatur


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Price
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 7:58 pm 
Offline
LOST Member

Joined: Wed Sep 19, 2007 11:30 am
Posts: 136
Location: Lincoln, NE
I bought a 2006 Limited with 25k on it last month for 16,800

Pete

_________________
2004.5 Dodge 2500 CTD 4x4
1982 CX500TC x2
1983 CX650TC x2
1974 W200 Repower with 4BT 4x4 (The Rattler)
2006 Jeep Liberty CRD (The White Whiz)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: New Owner
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 1:42 am 
Offline
LOST Newbie

Joined: Thu Feb 21, 2008 7:33 am
Posts: 4
Paid $13,900 for it at a dealer. Most of the other 4 within a 100 mile radius were listed at $2-5K more.

PMB


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group. Color scheme by ColorizeIt!
Logo by pixeldecals.com