LOST JEEPS
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/

Fuel Mileage w/Painless Striker2 + (ORM Mod Q's)
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=36560
Page 1 of 1

Author:  2mopar_diesels [ Tue Oct 07, 2008 2:01 pm ]
Post subject:  Fuel Mileage w/Painless Striker2 + (ORM Mod Q's)

I just went on a long road trip vacation from home to Florida and back. Filled up exactly three times thru the trip, and still on the last tank full. The last tank was driven in level 4 for the 1st 200mi of the trip with no noticed improvement then switched back to level5 to see if it made a difference which it did.....but just slightly. Here's the results:

1. Power level 5 -- 27.6mpg (99% highway)
2. Power level 3 -- 24.5mpg (60/40 highway/city)
3. FE mode -- 26.1mpg (99% highway)
4. Power level 4&5 -- 27mpg* est. (75/25 highway/city) *have yet to fill up


So, I have to say this power module at least didn't hurt my mileage. Now I have pulled the MAF sensor ala the "ORM" mod. Would like to know from those who also did this what there improved mileage reports were. Right off the bat, i noticed what others here stated! Improved throttle response, quicker spool up, and sounds more like a diesel should. The power of this little SUV I have now is amazing!!! Something in the EGR system just wasn't allowing the full potential of the StrikerI module to be realized, hence a grey haze of exhaust smoke under the lightest of throttle apps developed and is now gone with the ORM mod!!!

Author:  johnyrr [ Wed Oct 08, 2008 9:13 am ]
Post subject: 

I just sold my Powerstroke F250 and most of the chips that are available for it for mileage improvements lock the torque converter earlier which was a good thing where I live cause there are alot of 50mpg roads. Does the Stricker one lock the torque conver earlier or keep it locked up more, stock i am constantly going in and out of OD due to the speed of the roads and its annoying as hell, I wish the converter would stay locked up. This would surely improve mileage some. Explain how it sounds more like a diesel? what kind of power would you say it added? Is it safe to tow with this chip?

Author:  2mopar_diesels [ Sat Oct 11, 2008 12:09 am ]
Post subject: 

I guess I'll re-ask the question:

Quote:
Now I have pulled the MAF sensor ala the "ORM" mod. Would like to know from those who also did this what there improved mileage reports were. Right off the bat, i noticed what others here stated! Improved throttle response, quicker spool up, and sounds more like a diesel should. The power of this little SUV I have now is amazing!!! Something in the EGR system just wasn't allowing the full potential of the StrikerI module to be realized, hence a grey haze of exhaust smoke under the lightest of throttle apps developed and is now gone with the ORM mod!!!



And the final mpg reading of the last tank wound up being 27.4mpg.

Author:  RTStabler51 [ Sat Oct 11, 2008 2:54 am ]
Post subject: 

johnyrr wrote:
I just sold my Powerstroke F250 and most of the chips that are available for it for mileage improvements lock the torque converter earlier which was a good thing where I live cause there are alot of 50mpg roads. Does the Stricker one lock the torque conver earlier or keep it locked up more, stock i am constantly going in and out of OD due to the speed of the roads and its annoying as hell, I wish the converter would stay locked up. This would surely improve mileage some. Explain how it sounds more like a diesel? what kind of power would you say it added? Is it safe to tow with this chip?
None of the current chips/tunes/plug in devices affect the transmission as its controlled by a separate ECM.

Author:  jmoomaw [ Sat Oct 11, 2008 7:33 am ]
Post subject: 

2mopar_diesels wrote:
I guess I'll re-ask the question:

Quote:
Now I have pulled the MAF sensor ala the "ORM" mod. Would like to know from those who also did this what there improved mileage reports were. Right off the bat, i noticed what others here stated! Improved throttle response, quicker spool up, and sounds more like a diesel should. The power of this little SUV I have now is amazing!!! Something in the EGR system just wasn't allowing the full potential of the StrikerI module to be realized, hence a grey haze of exhaust smoke under the lightest of throttle apps developed and is now gone with the ORM mod!!!



And the final mpg reading of the last tank wound up being 27.4mpg.


Is that mpg reading with your mixed driving...up from 24.5?

Author:  nursecosmo [ Sat Oct 11, 2008 12:37 pm ]
Post subject: 

johnyrr wrote:
I just sold my Powerstroke F250 and most of the chips that are available for it for mileage improvements lock the torque converter earlier which was a good thing where I live cause there are alot of 50mpg roads. Does the Stricker one lock the torque conver earlier or keep it locked up more, stock i am constantly going in and out of OD due to the speed of the roads and its annoying as hell, I wish the converter would stay locked up. This would surely improve mileage some. Explain how it sounds more like a diesel? what kind of power would you say it added? Is it safe to tow with this chip?


I want to know where these 50 MPG roads are. Maybe My state would start using that kind of low friction pavement. :lol:

Author:  ATXKJ [ Sat Oct 11, 2008 8:19 pm ]
Post subject: 

nursecosmo wrote:
I want to know where these 50 MPG roads are. Maybe My state would start using that kind of low friction pavement. :lol:


You just start at the top of the mountain and coast :) :) :)

Author:  2mopar_diesels [ Sun Oct 12, 2008 2:17 pm ]
Post subject: 

jmoomaw wrote:
2mopar_diesels wrote:
I guess I'll re-ask the question:

Quote:
Now I have pulled the MAF sensor ala the "ORM" mod. Would like to know from those who also did this what there improved mileage reports were. Right off the bat, i noticed what others here stated! Improved throttle response, quicker spool up, and sounds more like a diesel should. The power of this little SUV I have now is amazing!!! Something in the EGR system just wasn't allowing the full potential of the StrikerI module to be realized, hence a grey haze of exhaust smoke under the lightest of throttle apps developed and is now gone with the ORM mod!!!



And the final mpg reading of the last tank wound up being 27.4mpg.


Is that mpg reading with your mixed driving...up from 24.5?



Yeh, if you go back and look at the 1st post, it's the 4th tank with an average of 75/25 highway/city driving conditions.

Author:  johnyrr [ Mon Oct 13, 2008 7:53 am ]
Post subject: 

:oops: I find that I am in the company of scholars, so sorry I meant 50 MPH, I repeat thats MILEs PER HOUR. Smart-A$$'s



ATXKJ wrote:
nursecosmo wrote:
I want to know where these 50 MPG roads are. Maybe My state would start using that kind of low friction pavement. :lol:


You just start at the top of the mountain and coast :) :) :)

Author:  johnyrr [ Mon Oct 13, 2008 7:53 am ]
Post subject: 

:oops: I find that I am in the company of scholars, so sorry I meant 50 MPH, I repeat thats MILEs PER HOUR. Smart-A$$'s



ATXKJ wrote:
nursecosmo wrote:
I want to know where these 50 MPG roads are. Maybe My state would start using that kind of low friction pavement. :lol:


You just start at the top of the mountain and coast :) :) :)

Author:  2mopar_diesels [ Mon Oct 13, 2008 1:11 pm ]
Post subject: 

Well, with almost 2weeks worth of driving on the ORM I have driven 191mi. and the needle is only just under 7/8th of a tank!!!! That is with about 60/40 highway/city driving. I'm thrilled!!!! Judging against the past few tanks and how the needle moved, I'm guessing my mpg's are about 25-26mpg!!!

Author:  2mopar_diesels [ Thu Nov 06, 2008 3:18 pm ]
Post subject: 

With a full month on the ORM, 870mi. and less than 1.5 tank fulls of fuel, I can attest that the CRD is getting a consistent 3-4mpg increase in combined driving. On the last tank (about 60/40 highway/city), the trip odo read 541mi. Refuel took 19.7gal. For a mpg reading of 27.46mpg. The last time driving was done in the exact same conditions, my mpg's were 23.6mpg. I'm excited to get out on the open road and see what the highway mileage will do!!! I'm pretty sure it should easily crack the 30mpg mark and then some.

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/