| LOST JEEPS http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/ |
|
| Major Transmission Thump when going into overdrive as 61mph http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=37128 |
Page 1 of 1 |
| Author: | jmoomaw [ Thu Nov 06, 2008 9:50 am ] |
| Post subject: | Major Transmission Thump when going into overdrive as 61mph |
Rats...here I go again. Two days ago there was a major thump when my Jeep went into overdrive at the 61 mph point. Afterward it was smooth but did not switch gears between 30 and 55 mph (guessing here). Once I stopped the car, put it in neutral and turned it off, the transmission worked as it should but the thump remained. I checked the codes and it came up with "P1776 Manufacturers Control Transmission". The shop manual explains it as "P1776-Solenoid Switch Valve latched in LR position". I had been concerned about the rough shifting before. Is this related to the manual overdrive? Is there a simple trick anyone knows to un-stick this solenoid or am I off to a garage or dealer. Is the transmission the same or similar to what is in the gassers or will I run into the same problem with people who say they can fixed the CRDs when they have never worked on them? The car shifts fine as long as I don't go above 60 mph which I rarely do and could avoid. I know I need to get this fixed but can I wait as long as I do not drive it above 60mph? Alas.. |
|
| Author: | flash7210 [ Thu Nov 06, 2008 11:55 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
Hmmm, thats a good question... Sounds like a sticky solenoid. Could have gotten sticky due to lack of use (i.e. driving less than 60mph). How many miles you got? When was the tranny fluid and filter last changed? If your over 30K and havent had the fluid changed (or dont know when it was changed) I would get that done first. Driving it more and more over 60 could help un-sticky it too. This transmission is not unique to the CRD and has been used in other Chrysler products. |
|
| Author: | jmoomaw [ Thu Nov 06, 2008 1:25 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Sounds about right.... |
I just returned from a transmission shop. They recommended a service. They want to drop the pan and change two filters. Apparently there is a side plate that Chrysler modified in the later 2005 models that is not more durable than the original plate that was used on this type of transmission. I have 75,000 miles and have no idea if the previous owners changed the fluid or not so it sounds like good advice. It amazes me how the test drive is so brutal...I don't drive like that. 65 in a 40 without a seatbelt. Not sure I want this guy working on my Jeep..especially when the tech is mumbling under his breath...why the hell would they put a diesel in a jeep... They hooked me up with a local dealer who has a mechanic that is an expert on the Chrysler products. Rumor has it, if anyone in Rochester can sort out the issues with the tranni and the emissions codes, he will. Not sure I buy it... Hopefully the dealer tech will be more positive. New codes since I cleared them out...P069 (can't find that one in the shop manual). Old Navy lists this code as indicative of a MAF mechanical issue.(P0299 came up as well, nothing new on this one). This is after I installed the SAMCO Hoses...darn! More to do.. |
|
| Page 1 of 1 | All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|