| LOST JEEPS http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/ |
|
| What would your replacement vehicle be? http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=37898 |
Page 1 of 4 |
| Author: | dog_party [ Wed Dec 03, 2008 11:04 am ] |
| Post subject: | What would your replacement vehicle be? |
Okay, God forbid, something happens to your beloved KJ CRD tomorrow. What would you replace her with? I just started thinking about this the other day and couldn't come up with an answer. JK CRD not available to me. Class 2 and 3 diesels use a bit too much fuel for DD duty Jetta TDI? Can't drive offroad. If I didn't drive offroad, I'd think about it. Used KJ CRD? Probably most likely option if I could find one. What new vehicle would you replace the KJ CRD with right now? What used vehicle would you replace the KJ CRD with right now? |
|
| Author: | Drewd [ Wed Dec 03, 2008 11:25 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
Not in market but if I was: 1. CRD Grand Cherokee 2. Limited Edition (used) Liberty provided no rear main oil seal leak |
|
| Author: | mackruss [ Wed Dec 03, 2008 11:31 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
Probably the Mitsubishi Pajero 3.2L Diesel and that's only because of the DC future relationship uncertainty and the resale value of the Jeep brand. |
|
| Author: | UFO [ Wed Dec 03, 2008 11:49 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
Another KJ CRD. I've never bought a new car, and I probably never will. |
|
| Author: | wolcott [ Wed Dec 03, 2008 11:50 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
I'd probably splurge and get a Mercedes ML 320 CDI |
|
| Author: | truckbouy2 [ Wed Dec 03, 2008 12:38 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
GC CRD Limited..... |
|
| Author: | SBosco [ Wed Dec 03, 2008 12:44 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
Probably a Tiguan TDI whenever VW decides to wise up and import them here. |
|
| Author: | mackruss [ Wed Dec 03, 2008 1:12 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
SBosco wrote: Probably a Tiguan TDI whenever VW decides to wise up and import them here.
That's a beaut of a vehicle, are they not available in the US because of emissions |
|
| Author: | SBosco [ Wed Dec 03, 2008 1:47 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
The proposed US version would use the 2.0 TDi engine in the current 2009 Jetta and Golf TDi models which are 50-state legal now. So there's no reason why the tiguan wouldn't meet emissions with the same engine. The US spec Tiguan TDi is supposed to get 35+ mpg avg too. |
|
| Author: | mackruss [ Wed Dec 03, 2008 2:00 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
I see you're running 245's on your 17" rims without a lift. Have you had any problems with the 245's, i need to replace the stock 235's soon and was considering the 245/65/17's but i don't have a lift. |
|
| Author: | tonycrd [ Wed Dec 03, 2008 2:01 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
Well if you were in the market for a Tiguan you might as well get a RAV 4 or a BMW X3 or a Honda CRV. All useless full IFS/IRS vehicles. They don't even call them all terrain anymore overhere, they are now 'allroad capable' vehicles. So all the roads that lead to the Mall. I'd get a 1) JK CRD ( sorry, we do have 'm ) 2) another KJ CRD |
|
| Author: | mackruss [ Wed Dec 03, 2008 2:07 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
If it's VW then a Touareg for me otherwise i still think the Pajero is in a class of its own. |
|
| Author: | SBosco [ Wed Dec 03, 2008 2:12 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
mackruss wrote: I see you're running 245's on your 17" rims without a lift. Have you had any problems with the 245's, i need to replace the stock 235's soon and was considering the 245/65/17's but i don't have a lift.
No lift and no problems |
|
| Author: | mackruss [ Wed Dec 03, 2008 2:18 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
SBosco wrote: mackruss wrote: I see you're running 245's on your 17" rims without a lift. Have you had any problems with the 245's, i need to replace the stock 235's soon and was considering the 245/65/17's but i don't have a lift. No lift and no problems Are you not rubbing up against the front valence at all. |
|
| Author: | tonycrd [ Wed Dec 03, 2008 2:20 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
mackruss wrote: If it's VW then a Tuaran for me otherwise i still think the Pajero is in a class of its own.
You sure you want this? VW Touran
I think you mean a Touareg.
|
|
| Author: | mackruss [ Wed Dec 03, 2008 3:26 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
Thanks, edited and corrected, Touareg it is but not with those rims and tyres, post a pic of the model that ran in the Paris to Dakar, a JK would look the same with those rims and tyres on |
|
| Author: | SBosco [ Wed Dec 03, 2008 3:54 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
mackruss wrote: SBosco wrote: mackruss wrote: I see you're running 245's on your 17" rims without a lift. Have you had any problems with the 245's, i need to replace the stock 235's soon and was considering the 245/65/17's but i don't have a lift. No lift and no problems Are you not rubbing up against the front valence at all. Not that I know of...I will check for you when I get a chance though. |
|
| Author: | truckbouy2 [ Wed Dec 03, 2008 3:56 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
A Dodge Nitro V6 Cummins Diesel if the Chrysler Group would get off their dead a--'s...... |
|
| Author: | SBosco [ Wed Dec 03, 2008 3:56 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
tonycrd wrote: Well if you were in the market for a Tiguan you might as well get a RAV 4 or a BMW X3 or a Honda CRV.
All useless full IFS/IRS vehicles. They don't even call them all terrain anymore overhere, they are now 'allroad capable' vehicles. So all the roads that lead to the Mall. I'd get a 1) JK CRD ( sorry, we do have 'm ) 2) another KJ CRD I don't have time to do as much offroading as I would like anyway. As much as I enjoy the KJs capability and off-road prowess, I really don't need that capability 98% of the time. |
|
| Author: | aandlwoods [ Wed Dec 03, 2008 5:42 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
i would wait for a Mahindra truck |
|
| Page 1 of 4 | All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|