LOST JEEPS
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/

Abs issues
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=42728
Page 1 of 1

Author:  bigcoupee [ Thu Apr 30, 2009 3:12 am ]
Post subject:  Abs issues

The jeep likes to occasionally kick the abs on for no reason, then the dash lights up like its Christmas. Wheel speed sensor? All tires are properly inflated and the same.

Author:  JeepinJarhead03 [ Thu Apr 30, 2009 3:33 am ]
Post subject: 

try cleanin the abs sensors

they can get quite narsty

Author:  ac5501 [ Fri May 01, 2009 11:43 am ]
Post subject: 

My ABS light has come on in the past two or 3 times. Usually something to do with very low speed skid, combined with shifting transfer case int 4wd. When this light comes on everything works except for the odometer which will register no miles traveled until I restart the engine :D

If I only knew how to make this happen on demand :twisted:

Author:  bbertram [ Fri May 01, 2009 3:44 pm ]
Post subject: 

I can tell you how to make it happen on command. Cut the two wires coming from the speed senor on your rear diff. My odometer has not worked for over a year because of this. Last night I fixed it. My ABS and parking brake lights were on the entire time the wires were damaged. Also the ABS actually stopped work, be carefull on ice! Now everything is back to normal, all i have to do is pull two wires out of their plugs and I can stop racking up mileage and loose my abs, lol.

Author:  CATCRD [ Fri May 01, 2009 6:24 pm ]
Post subject: 

ac5501 wrote:
My ABS light has come on in the past two or 3 times. Usually something to do with very low speed skid, combined with shifting transfer case int 4wd. When this light comes on everything works except for the odometer which will register no miles traveled until I restart the engine :D

If I only knew how to make this happen on demand :twisted:


Here's another way to make it happen on demand: Hold the brake with your left foot and give it enough throttle to get the back tires spinning in place. Viola - odometer frozen.

BTW, getting on the throttle first and staying in it while you put on the brakes seems to throw a code for electronic throttle control. It's a kind of failsafe.

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/