LOST JEEPS
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/

Would you like to see some parts for your CRD?
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=44170
Page 1 of 2

Author:  ptperformance [ Sun Jun 14, 2009 7:29 pm ]
Post subject:  Would you like to see some parts for your CRD?

What I am looking at is some go fast goodies for your CRD.

Upgraded stock turbo (new compressor wheel with clipped turbine side to balance the pressure ratio)
Intake to turbo inlet
Exhaust
????

What would you like to see? Admin let me know if this is OK to run or if I need to be a vendor on the site in order to make a post like this. Thanks.

Author:  onthehunt [ Sun Jun 14, 2009 7:55 pm ]
Post subject: 

I would like to see my trans lock in overdrive at 50mph without grenading. I would like to see the engine lug instead of running like a two-stroke Detroit all day. I don't need any go-fast stuff, it's plenty fast. More mpg is what I want. No one has done that yet.

Author:  CATCRD [ Sun Jun 14, 2009 11:32 pm ]
Post subject: 

I think the MAF to turbo inlet hose could be improved on. I remember thinking the stock one looked kind of pinched and contorted.

Author:  bigcoupee [ Sun Jun 14, 2009 11:52 pm ]
Post subject: 

I want to see a bigger turbo replacement, so when my turbo grenades I can scrap all that vacuum controlled pitch crap.

Author:  linewarbr [ Mon Jun 15, 2009 8:54 am ]
Post subject: 

CATCRD wrote:
I think the MAF to turbo inlet hose could be improved on. I remember thinking the stock one looked kind of pinched and contorted.


x2. Maybe a mandrel-bent stainless steel intake?

Author:  dieseldoesit [ Mon Jun 15, 2009 12:00 pm ]
Post subject: 

onthehunt wrote:
I would like to see my trans lock in overdrive at 50mph without grenading. I would like to see the engine lug instead of running like a two-stroke Detroit all day.


I agree completely. I would really like the ability to lug the vehicle more...

Author:  geordi [ Mon Jun 15, 2009 12:10 pm ]
Post subject: 

Absolutely. This engine has SO much extra power available that if you aren't towing, there really isn't any reason why the top overdrive can't be the gear you are always in. Even better, would be an upgrade part option that would replace that top gear with a .5 OD ratio to REALLY increase the MPG. Another option, provided the space exists, is a way to fit a Gear Vendors OD unit to the tailhousing of the 545 to add another .78 OD ratio to the mix.

Author:  dgeist [ Mon Jun 15, 2009 8:52 pm ]
Post subject:  Old-Navy CCV filter

I'd still like to see and Old-Navy CCV filter made for the 2.8 VM engine. It's such a simple idea and works well in TDIs. I like my provent, but I'd love to get rid of all the extra plumbing.

Dan

Author:  linewarbr [ Tue Jun 16, 2009 8:41 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Old-Navy CCV filter

dgeist wrote:
I'd still like to see and Old-Navy CCV filter made for the 2.8 VM engine. It's such a simple idea and works well in TDIs. I like my provent, but I'd love to get rid of all the extra plumbing.

Dan


How come oldnavy wasn't able to produce one for the VM? When I clicked his link in one of the threads in the tech section, it went to a dead site.

Author:  honey_don't [ Tue Jun 16, 2009 8:53 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Old-Navy CCV filter

linewarbr wrote:
How come oldnavy wasn't able to produce one for the VM? When I clicked his link in one of the threads in the tech section, it went to a dead site.


If you want to contact the shop that made them for ON here is their info:

Young's Design and Manufacturing
518 Old Highway B
Poplar Bluff, MO 63901
573 778 9200

Author:  tonycrd [ Tue Jun 16, 2009 10:09 am ]
Post subject: 

OP...make the CAC hose pipe stuff first....lets take it from there, ok?

If all works out well you build up a good reputation and can fab up/ sell more stuff for our CRD's.

For now....not to many people will hand $1000(?) to a perfect stranger for a tuned turbo.

Author:  CRD Joe [ Tue Jun 16, 2009 10:28 am ]
Post subject: 

Id sure like to see a Six speed manual transmission kit so I could dump this auto!!!
Big down pipe.
Bigger intercooler.
High performance injectors.

Etc etc etc.

All the stuff available for TDI's and diesel trucks.

Author:  ribbon [ Tue Jun 16, 2009 11:24 am ]
Post subject: 

yeah im waiting on the intercooler pipes first. need to workmanship before anything else.
You can get a 6 speed from over seas

Author:  warp2diesel [ Tue Jun 16, 2009 5:54 pm ]
Post subject:  Six speed is too weak for 2.8L used in the auto

CRD Joe wrote:
Id sure like to see a Six speed manual transmission kit so I could dump this auto!!!
Big down pipe.
Bigger intercooler.
High performance injectors.

Etc etc etc.

All the stuff available for TDI's and diesel trucks.


According to Mr Mopar or Danoid, the KJ 6 speed can't handle the torque. Of Course there is nothing stopping some one from fitting a stronger manual behind the engine, but it will not be a bolt on fit. The other problem would be the ECM will need to be replaced and chip tuned to revive the torque lost to prevent trashing the factory 6 speed.

Another case where Bean Counters destroyed the creativity of the Engineers and Technicians.

Author:  tonycrd [ Tue Jun 16, 2009 6:02 pm ]
Post subject: 

tonycrd wrote:
OP...make the CAC hose pipe stuff first....lets take it from there, ok?

If all works out well you build up a good reputation and can fab up/ sell more stuff for our CRD's.

For now....not to many people will hand $1000(?) to a perfect stranger for a tuned turbo.


BTW: you took into considaration eliminating the boost sensor? Overboost makes it go into 'limp home mode'...

Author:  UFO [ Tue Jun 16, 2009 6:25 pm ]
Post subject: 

tonycrd wrote:
tonycrd wrote:
OP...make the CAC hose pipe stuff first....lets take it from there, ok?

If all works out well you build up a good reputation and can fab up/ sell more stuff for our CRD's.

For now....not to many people will hand $1000(?) to a perfect stranger for a tuned turbo.


BTW: you took into considaration eliminating the boost sensor? Overboost makes it go into 'limp home mode'...
You wouldn't want to eliminate it, you just need to raise the allowable values in the software. Or use a 3 bar unit, and retune.

Author:  dgeist [ Tue Jun 16, 2009 8:17 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Old-Navy CCV filter

linewarbr wrote:
dgeist wrote:
I'd still like to see and Old-Navy CCV filter made for the 2.8 VM engine. It's such a simple idea and works well in TDIs. I like my provent, but I'd love to get rid of all the extra plumbing.

Dan


How come oldnavy wasn't able to produce one for the VM? When I clicked his link in one of the threads in the tech section, it went to a dead site.


I think it was a combination of not having a CRD anymore, having issues with the prototyping, and wanting to work with a local fab shop that went a little south. It's still worth doing (IMHO) if there's a decent machine shop to do it. I may speak to an M.E. friend at rugged ridge to see what's involved in a process like that.

Author:  honey_don't [ Tue Jun 16, 2009 10:21 pm ]
Post subject: 

That shop was sold and the new owners are reportedly still making the units for TDIs.

Author:  nursecosmo [ Wed Jun 17, 2009 6:22 pm ]
Post subject: 

I would sure like to have an old fashioned wastegated turbo availible as a drop-in option for when the OE unit goes south. Of course it would require the appropriate alteration to the ECM, etcetra, etcetra. I guess I'm just a little old school about having the fewest possible electronics on the vehicle.

I'm with geordi about a better OD on this little beast also. Most of my driving is unloaded and most of the air/fuel being pumped through the engine is wasted heat. I would like to see an RPM around 1300-1500 at 70MPH, with the ability do easily down shift for steep hills.

Author:  tonycrd [ Wed Jun 17, 2009 6:58 pm ]
Post subject: 

Bit of a waste ..a waste gate.

You now have a variable vane turbo, that picks up much sooner at lower rev's.

That's what I would like to have on my 2.5...

Page 1 of 2 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/