| LOST JEEPS http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/ |
|
| Racor CCV3500 http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=44318 |
Page 1 of 1 |
| Author: | e_poirier2004 [ Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:19 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Racor CCV3500 |
Anyone ever installed a Racor ccv3500 on their rig? I just purchased one on ebay after reading that the provent 200 was freezing pretty badly in extreme cold weather. Racor belongs to Parker-Hannifin which I know from their aircraft hydraulics parts and usually, the quality is there. Let me know if somebody installed one and if you're satisfied. |
|
| Author: | truckbouy2 [ Fri Jun 19, 2009 9:16 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
I live in northern Minnesota on the shore of Lake Superior. The "Princess" has been running a provent for 3 yrs now. No problems. No freezing. You have to clean it out once in a while. Which is my job. 95% of the time if there is a bad report on a good product it's because the knuckle dragger holding the wheel has insufficient abilities how to use it or maintain it. |
|
| Author: | Goglio704 [ Fri Jun 19, 2009 3:51 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
I think the Provent and the Racor are both good products. Seriously looked at the Racor at one point. IIRC it has unusual fittings for the inlet and outlet. I was concerned it would limit the install options. Let us know how yours works out... |
|
| Author: | chadhargis [ Fri Jun 19, 2009 7:33 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
I've used both. I had the Provent on my Liberty and I have a Racor on my Grand Cherokee. I'd say both work just the same, but the Racor gives you a little more mounting freedom since you can change the direction of the output independent of the input but the Provent allows easier access to the filter since the Racor has the output hose attached to the top which requires you to either have enough hose slack to move the top out of the way or to disconnect the hose. |
|
| Page 1 of 1 | All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|