| LOST JEEPS http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/ |
|
| engine cover? http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=48157 |
Page 1 of 1 |
| Author: | MooseMeat [ Mon Nov 30, 2009 2:18 pm ] |
| Post subject: | engine cover? |
I took my engine cover off last weekend and got side tracked and forgot to put it back on. My wife called and asked if I wanted her to put it in the recycle bin. I told her NO I will put it back on when I get home next weekend. Question is does it have a use other than to make the engine compartment look clean? |
|
| Author: | dgeist [ Mon Nov 30, 2009 3:11 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: engine cover? |
MooseMeat wrote: I took my engine cover off last weekend and got side tracked and forgot to put it back on.
My wife called and asked if I wanted her to put it in the recycle bin. I told her NO I will put it back on when I get home next weekend. Question is does it have a use other than to make the engine compartment look clean? It gives a tiny amount of noise dampening and probably helps the engine retain heat a little (really small) bit on cold days. Mostly I keep mine just in case of potential resale. |
|
| Author: | mikey1273 [ Mon Nov 30, 2009 5:54 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
I took mine off last weekend to do the provent install and have not put it back on. I will have to cut it so the hoses to the Provent can fit under it. for now its in my basement. |
|
| Author: | Groo2 [ Mon Nov 30, 2009 5:56 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
Don't forget that the engine cover is the best way to keep your transmission dip stick secured, so it won't pop out. I wouldn't get rid of it just for that reason alone |
|
| Author: | mikey1273 [ Mon Nov 30, 2009 6:13 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
Groo2 wrote: Don't forget that the engine cover is the best way to keep your transmission dip stick secured, so it won't pop out. I wouldn't get rid of it just for that reason alone
did not know that..... but yes now that you said it the cover does wedge the trans dipstick in there as I remember seeing how it fit. |
|
| Author: | Big Montana [ Mon Nov 30, 2009 6:29 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
I broke mine trying to take it off. It cracked one of the poles off. If anyone wants to ship me an extra one, I will pay the shipping. Perhaps I can afford a 12 pack of beer too. |
|
| Author: | flman [ Mon Nov 30, 2009 6:36 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
Big Montana wrote: I broke mine trying to take it off. It cracked one of the poles off. If anyone wants to ship me an extra one, I will pay the shipping. Perhaps I can afford a 12 pack of beer too.
I did the same thing, I found if you spray silicone lube in the rubber holes, it makes it come off a whole lot easier. |
|
| Author: | nursecosmo [ Tue Dec 01, 2009 6:27 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
Big Montana wrote: I broke mine trying to take it off. It cracked one of the poles off. If anyone wants to ship me an extra one, I will pay the shipping. Perhaps I can afford a 12 pack of beer too.
One of the ball socket poles or the engine cover? I've got both if you want em. |
|
| Author: | Big Montana [ Tue Dec 01, 2009 6:37 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
I broke the passenger side rear pole. It is still connected by a thin strip of plastic. In other words, I pulled up on the cover and the rear rubber ball joint didn't come off. It "peeled" off of the top cover. I tried to gorrilla glue it, but it won't hold. How much do you want for a cover? |
|
| Author: | nursecosmo [ Tue Dec 01, 2009 6:59 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
It's yours if you find out how much the shipping is from Shell Lake WI. I'll never use it again. Besides, the alternator braket ring cracked for some reason. |
|
| Page 1 of 1 | All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|