It is currently Sat Oct 10, 2026 12:32 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: The radio buttons on the back of the steering wheel?
PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:17 pm 
Offline
LOST Junkie
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 20, 2008 7:02 pm
Posts: 607
The buttons on the back of the steering wheel stopped working and one is broken and stuck in one spot, Is this common? One of the buttons because broken and stuck a few weeks ago and I figured I would just replace that button, it still worked but would get stuck. The other side worked fine, then out of no where all the buttons stopped working altogether. Any ideas? thanks.

I have this posted in the general area but Figured I would give it a shot here! thanks.

_________________
-05 Dark Khaki Limited CRD. GDE ECO tune. In-tank lift pump, Transgo doo doo kit, B&M trans cooler, replaced trans solenoid pack and filters, Newer Michelin tires, Timing belt with all related parts replaced at 110,000miles.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The radio buttons on the back of the steering wheel?
PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:41 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 28, 2010 5:03 am
Posts: 1379
Location: Hawaii
I am going to swap in buttons on mine, shouldn't be too hard to find some or buy new ones. This doesn't answer your question I know, but I have had similar problems with buttons on other vehicles and guess it's not un heard of on these Jeeps also.

_________________
Image

05 CRD Sport Dark Kahki

RRO: Adventure Rack/Rails ** MOPAR: Skids/Renny Flares & 255/75r17 (32.1) BFG M/T on JK wheels ** ARB: Bumper/IPF lights/790/948/shocks ** GDE: TCM/Hot Tune ** ROCKLIZARD: Super Sliders/Komodo Bumper

My Build Thread
US Army Infantry


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The radio buttons on the back of the steering wheel?
PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:49 pm 
Offline
LOST Junkie
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2008 12:24 pm
Posts: 977
Location: Victoria, Canada
Radio buttons :?:
I thought that I was fully loaded; I don't have radio buttons on the back of my steering wheel. :x
rant, rant


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The radio buttons on the back of the steering wheel?
PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 1:35 pm 
Offline
LOST Junkie
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 20, 2008 7:02 pm
Posts: 607
Anyone know where I can get the buttons? dealer only?

_________________
-05 Dark Khaki Limited CRD. GDE ECO tune. In-tank lift pump, Transgo doo doo kit, B&M trans cooler, replaced trans solenoid pack and filters, Newer Michelin tires, Timing belt with all related parts replaced at 110,000miles.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The radio buttons on the back of the steering wheel?
PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 11:44 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 28, 2010 5:03 am
Posts: 1379
Location: Hawaii
These are part numbers from the Jeepkj.com write up...

# 56042313
# 56042312

They didn't come up on moparpartsamerica, but when I just browsed I found them. 35 for right, 27 for the left, so not cheap, but easier than finding them from a Junk Yard I would imagine.

_________________
Image

05 CRD Sport Dark Kahki

RRO: Adventure Rack/Rails ** MOPAR: Skids/Renny Flares & 255/75r17 (32.1) BFG M/T on JK wheels ** ARB: Bumper/IPF lights/790/948/shocks ** GDE: TCM/Hot Tune ** ROCKLIZARD: Super Sliders/Komodo Bumper

My Build Thread
US Army Infantry


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The radio buttons on the back of the steering wheel?
PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 12:25 am 
Offline
LOST Member

Joined: Wed Nov 08, 2006 11:32 pm
Posts: 344
Location: saint diego, ca
left one went out for me. ordered it from mopar parts america, but have not installed it yet.

_________________
2005 Liberty CRD, 245/75R16, OME CRD Springs front, OME HD rear


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The radio buttons on the back of the steering wheel?
PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 4:26 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 11, 2005 10:13 am
Posts: 105
Location: New Hampshire
could also be the clockspring..

_________________
IceColeNH #JC060619
03' Renegade
Al's Arms.
3 inch lift; Rusty's springs all around, Rancho struts + 4 electrical conduit washers up front. Old Man Emu in rear.
Moog K3199 in the lowers
General Grabber AT2 - 245 75 16 "load E on a mawl crawler? You don't need those." tire dealer.
K&N Filter
Silverstar Ultras


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The radio buttons on the back of the steering wheel?
PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 11:04 am 
Offline
LOST Junkie
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 20, 2008 7:02 pm
Posts: 607
arengant wrote:
These are part numbers from the Jeepkj.com write up...

# 56042313
# 56042312

They didn't come up on moparpartsamerica, but when I just browsed I found them. 35 for right, 27 for the left, so not cheap, but easier than finding them from a Junk Yard I would imagine.



Thanks that should help, and ya you think they would be a little cheaper then that but at least there new and not junk yard stuff that could just fail soon after! thanks.

_________________
-05 Dark Khaki Limited CRD. GDE ECO tune. In-tank lift pump, Transgo doo doo kit, B&M trans cooler, replaced trans solenoid pack and filters, Newer Michelin tires, Timing belt with all related parts replaced at 110,000miles.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The radio buttons on the back of the steering wheel?
PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 5:06 pm 
Offline
LOST Member

Joined: Wed Nov 08, 2006 11:32 pm
Posts: 344
Location: saint diego, ca
changed out the left one today and it was super easy, couple of bolts a screw and a unplug/plug for the switch.

_________________
2005 Liberty CRD, 245/75R16, OME CRD Springs front, OME HD rear


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group. Color scheme by ColorizeIt!
Logo by pixeldecals.com