LOST JEEPS
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/

Alternator Connection
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=56452
Page 1 of 1

Author:  thomas04 [ Sun Oct 24, 2010 4:08 pm ]
Post subject:  Alternator Connection

On the alternator there is a connection spot for a low voltage electrical connection. Does anyone know what this connection piece is called? I broke the clip when removing it and would like to order a new one.

Peace.

Author:  warp2diesel [ Sun Oct 24, 2010 4:42 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Alternator Connection

Send a pic, it will help.

One connection is direct connection to the battery and the other is for the brushes going to the rotor.

Author:  thomas04 [ Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:30 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Alternator Connection

Warp2diesel,

Good call. The connector I broke was not on the alternator :roll: . The one that is busted is connected underneath the alternator and across from it. I think it is connected to the outside location of the flow control valve. This connector is grouped with the two alternator connection wiring in a protective cover. I will try to get a picture soon if this explanation is unclear.

Peace.

Author:  dkenny [ Mon Oct 25, 2010 5:54 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Alternator Connection

if its to the FCV..and you don't have any codes..leave it broken..
one function of the FCV is helping the EGR to work..too bad this feature is gone ;)..don't put it back.

otherwise more details are needed

-dkenny

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/