| LOST JEEPS http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/ |
|
| timing belt service http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=61312 |
Page 1 of 1 |
| Author: | turbobike [ Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:45 am ] |
| Post subject: | timing belt service |
Well....bit the bullet & had dealer do the timing belt service last week. I had the following items replaced: timing belt & serpentine belt 2 idler pulleys timing belt tensioner water pump thermostat Bolt for serpentine pulley broke--Chrysler doesn't sell it separately & dealer couldn't find one locally. it's a left hand thread (and probably metric) so had to purchase a new serpentine pulley complete with proper bolt. Somehow in reassembly, mechanic damaged radiator, so I got a new radiator GRATIS. Also had them install my SAMCO intercooler hoses, and replace 2 small leaky hoses on EGR. Yes, it was expensive....but considering the PITA labor on the EGR hoses, the broken pulley bolt (which they had the necessary tools to deal with) and replacing the damaged radiator (which I probably could have damaged, too) , and the 12 month/12,000 mile warranty on parts & labor , I can justify spending the money. It's my wife's car---'05 Limited & just turned over 100,000 miles. Fyi----water pump was in good condition: belts were cracking & would have had a questionable life remaining. Thermostat was stuck open. CAC hoses were seeping. |
|
| Author: | bhc04 [ Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:35 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: timing belt service |
I'm going to do the same thing soon. What was the total costs? |
|
| Author: | WolverineFW [ Wed Jun 22, 2011 3:32 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: timing belt service |
Was that the original serpentine belt or had you replaced it once already? |
|
| Author: | turbobike [ Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:54 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: timing belt service |
I bought CRD used, so I do not really know. I suspect that it is the original serpentine belt. |
|
| Page 1 of 1 | All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|