| LOST JEEPS http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/ |
|
| odd fuel tank question http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=61640 |
Page 1 of 1 |
| Author: | changingtime [ Wed Jul 13, 2011 1:27 pm ] |
| Post subject: | odd fuel tank question |
I noticed when pulling out of the driveway this morning that there was tons of water dripping off the jeep...probably from the AC condensation. Is it possible that that could have made it's way to the fuel tank? When I stopped after a couple of miles, I noticed the fuel tank looked wet on one side. I swiped my finger on it and it did not have a smell to it. I didn't see any leaks on the tank but the large wet spot was noticeable. If it was diesel, I would think it would have smelled? |
|
| Author: | papaindigo [ Wed Jul 13, 2011 1:46 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: odd fuel tank question |
If it was diesel then one sniff and you would know it. Just the right combination of cool overnight temperatures and warmer day time humidity can cause a significant amount of condensation like when your garage floor "sweats" or the outside of your vehicle's windshield totally fogs up. What's happening is the humidity is condensing on the cooler surface. The condensation will go away as the relative temperature of the cooler surface gets more equal to air temp. |
|
| Page 1 of 1 | All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|