LOST JEEPS
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/

Post here if you've done the GDE turbo upgrade!!!
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=64406
Page 1 of 1

Author:  2mopar_diesels [ Thu Dec 29, 2011 11:14 pm ]
Post subject:  Post here if you've done the GDE turbo upgrade!!!

The shop just buttoned up the CRD today, but I won't get to pick it up for a few Weeks, as I work away from home.............for those who have the GDE turbo kit, what are your impressions of it? Also, what kind of millage are you seeing?

Author:  2mopar_diesels [ Fri Dec 30, 2011 2:09 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Post here if you've done the GDE turbo upgrade!!!

Just got the final tab on the parts, fluids and repairs! Totaled out to be $1940. Not bad considering what all was done:


drain/flush tranny fluid and replace torque converter with upgraded Euro spec version
complete turbo swap, engine oil change and flush, oil pan was pulled to visually inspect and gauge crank journal bearings and #1&2 cyl for abnormal wear due to oil starvation (checked out fine!!!)
coolant flush and fill
completely clean out all oil from intake stream from blown turbo oil seal
finally, got the engine scoped just to make sure there were no internal knocks, ticks, or pings

Author:  audiboy86 [ Fri Dec 30, 2011 3:11 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Post here if you've done the GDE turbo upgrade!!!

Well people were reporting as high as 29 around town and 33 on the highway plus i heard the extra power is quite a bit of fun. Like tire boiling white and black smoke leaving the other little SUVs at the red light type of fun :twisted: or a Japanese vehicle learning tool as i would like to call it.

Author:  2mopar_diesels [ Fri Dec 30, 2011 8:49 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Post here if you've done the GDE turbo upgrade!!!

audiboy86 wrote:
Well people were reporting as high as 29 around town and 33 on the highway plus i heard the extra power is quite a bit of fun. Like tire boiling white and black smoke leaving the other little SUVs at the red light type of fun :twisted: or a Japanese vehicle learning tool as i would like to call it.


Yeh, I bet AWD launches would soon become fun!!!!! Any 1st hand accounts out there?

Author:  TDIwyse [ Fri Dec 30, 2011 11:16 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Post here if you've done the GDE turbo upgrade!!!

Happy customer with many miles on the GDE Turbo kit. I put together some thoughts/data on evaluation results on a thread a long time ago (search LOST or GDE forum and you will find). You should love it.

It became my wife's car. Until yesterday when we sold it. 11 years of nothing but diesels has come to an end. Due to price volatility and continued long term world wide higher demand for diesel vs RUG decided to get at least one gas vehicle. I didn't want to give up any of the diesels I drive so . . . it came down to hers.

Now I have a bunch of 100k maintenance parts I no longer need (belts, idlers, pulley, water pump, gaskets, 7V Etecno glow plugs, etc.) Think I'll start a new thread for those.

Best wishes on the newly transformed CRD.

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/