| LOST JEEPS http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/ |
|
| Glow Plugs http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=65142 |
Page 1 of 1 |
| Author: | DieselsRule [ Sat Feb 11, 2012 8:14 am ] |
| Post subject: | Glow Plugs |
AM Auto Parts has a listing on ebay for 4 new updated design Mopar plugs plus relay for $168.95 free shipping. Does anyone have experience with these plugs? Thanks for the help, Ron |
|
| Author: | papaindigo [ Sat Feb 11, 2012 11:19 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Glow Plugs |
List is ca. $184 and you can find the kit for ca. $130 plus shipping. Keep in mind that if you go this route that the ECU will need to be flashed to accomidate the 5v glow plugs and that will run $50 for an update to the GDE tune if you have one or $100+ at a dealer. NOTE if you drive to a dealer to have the flash done be sure to do so either before you install the 5v plugs or with them disconnected. Alternatively for about the same $s out of pocket you can get the Etecno1 7v glow plugs (http://www.dieselglowplug.com/) that drop in with no ECU flash. I've seen/heard mixed results from both at least in really cold areas for starts without use of the block heater. In warmer areas, like mine, and with the block heater they both seem to do ok. |
|
| Author: | DieselsRule [ Sat Feb 11, 2012 1:22 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Glow Plugs |
papaindigo wrote: List is ca. $184 and you can find the kit for ca. $130 plus shipping. Keep in mind that if you go this route that the ECU will need to be flashed to accomidate the 5v glow plugs and that will run $50 for an update to the GDE tune if you have one or $100+ at a dealer. NOTE if you drive to a dealer to have the flash done be sure to do so either before you install the 5v plugs or with them disconnected. Alternatively for about the same $s out of pocket you can get the Etecno1 7v glow plugs (http://www.dieselglowplug.com/) that drop in with no ECU flash. I've seen/heard mixed results from both at least in really cold areas for starts without use of the block heater. In warmer areas, like mine, and with the block heater they both seem to do ok. Thanks, I just ordered the glow plugs from diesel glow plugs. I don't like ordering out of the country but the fact that I could use PayPal sealed the deal! Thanks for the help, Ron |
|
| Author: | DieselsRule [ Thu Mar 08, 2012 4:59 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Glow Plugs |
DieselsRule wrote: papaindigo wrote: List is ca. $184 and you can find the kit for ca. $130 plus shipping. Keep in mind that if you go this route that the ECU will need to be flashed to accomidate the 5v glow plugs and that will run $50 for an update to the GDE tune if you have one or $100+ at a dealer. NOTE if you drive to a dealer to have the flash done be sure to do so either before you install the 5v plugs or with them disconnected. Alternatively for about the same $s out of pocket you can get the Etecno1 7v glow plugs (http://www.dieselglowplug.com/) that drop in with no ECU flash. I've seen/heard mixed results from both at least in really cold areas for starts without use of the block heater. In warmer areas, like mine, and with the block heater they both seem to do ok. Thanks, I just ordered the glow plugs from diesel glow plugs. I don't like ordering out of the country but the fact that I could use PayPal sealed the deal! Thanks for the help, Ron I installed the glow plugs today. I have a factory manual CD that gave me a general idea of what to do. I did not remove the alternator, just the rear cast bracket. I removed the fuel filter assembly and the air intake for access. The air intake is a real pain to remove and install. Almost everything on this engine was planned to do with engine out of car... The dash light for glow plugs stays on longer now(like when I bought it 4 years ago) Ron |
|
| Author: | ChesterCRD [ Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:54 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Glow Plugs |
DieselsRule wrote: I installed the glow plugs today. I have a factory manual CD that gave me a general idea of what to do. I did not remove the alternator, just the rear cast bracket. I removed the fuel filter assembly and the air intake for access. The air intake is a real pain to remove and install. Almost everything on this engine was planned to do with engine out of car... The dash light for glow plugs stays on longer now(like when I bought it 4 years ago) Ron Did you need to remove the intake elbow? |
|
| Author: | cevans [ Mon Mar 12, 2012 3:23 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Glow Plugs |
I'm trying to get the replacement style, steel plugs imported. They aren't available from Bosch in the USA but they are all over the UK, and CHEAP (Mopar charges over $100 for an INDIVIDUAL plug, its a rip-off). |
|
| Author: | maxwellp [ Mon Mar 12, 2012 3:32 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Glow Plugs |
cevans wrote: I'm trying to get the replacement style, steel plugs imported. They aren't available from Bosch in the USA but they are all over the UK, and CHEAP (Mopar charges over $100 for an INDIVIDUAL plug, its a rip-off). Are you thinking of stocking these? |
|
| Page 1 of 1 | All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|