It is currently Mon Oct 05, 2026 4:07 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Window tint %
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:09 am 
Offline
LOST Member
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 19, 2008 4:51 pm
Posts: 255
Location: Madison, AL
Does anybody know what % the factory window tint is on a Limited? All of my windows except front doors have a darker factory tint and I would like to match it on front doors. Thinking of trying one of those precut kits you can get cheap on Ebay but I dont know % of existing tint.

_________________
Solar Yellow 2001 TJ Sport 4.0 auto 4X4
White 2006 Liberty Limited 2.8 CRD 4X4...SOLD 4-21-2012


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Window tint %
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:22 am 
Offline
LOST Member

Joined: Sat Jan 01, 2011 2:52 pm
Posts: 134
I went to my friend shop to get mines done a year ago,and the back are tinted 70-73%(27-30%visibility) from factory..He did my front ones with rayban 65% tint 35% visibility,and the match is just a tiny bit darker in the back,the look is perfect for me,im not on the legal limit(legal is 23% tint here haha),but with the little diffence it creates an illusion and i never had any trouble so far,but also it is a truck,so they are not at the same height(police)so i guess that helps...

Dont forget also that the color of the truck can make the window tint look darker to,mine is inferno red,so it looks less dark than on a white truck...Be carefull for contrasts!

I have a really nice picture of the tint,but i cant post it here,so if you want send me your email and i will be pleased to send it to you!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Window tint %
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 2:01 pm 
Offline
LOST Member
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 19, 2008 4:51 pm
Posts: 255
Location: Madison, AL
Thanks for the info, I was thinking of tinting front doors same as back but I guess i better check local laws beforehand to make sure I'm not too dark.

_________________
Solar Yellow 2001 TJ Sport 4.0 auto 4X4
White 2006 Liberty Limited 2.8 CRD 4X4...SOLD 4-21-2012


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Window tint %
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 3:33 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Joined: Sun Mar 28, 2010 9:15 am
Posts: 5431
Location: Tallahassee, Florida
I'd be a little cautious about tinting the front windows the same as the back. Some years ago I did that on another vehicle and found looking for cross traffic thru the tint was a huge problem and took the tint off.

_________________
Sold to LOST member my 05 Ltd, GDE Stg II turbo + TCM tune, SunCoast TC w. Transgo kit, Steiger window regulators, Samcos, Fumoto valve, 2nd gen filter head with Lub. Spec. bleeder, Hayden clutch & 11 blade fan, inverted spare, P-1 battery, BF Goodrich Long Trail TAs, Etecno1 glow plugs, timing belt at 50K miles/8 yrs


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Window tint %
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:53 pm 
Offline
LOST Addict

Joined: Thu Oct 20, 2005 5:42 am
Posts: 2122
Location: Fort Collins, CO
27% is legal here in CO, so that's what I got. You can search my posts for the pics I posted. I would guess the rears are about 20% from the factory, but they have an amber hue, which is hard to match.

_________________
05CRD: GDE Hot ECU & TCM tunes, Provent, Cat filter, Facet lift pump, TransGo kit, Florida TC, Samcos, stainless brake lines, HDS thermostat, Renegade light bar,
Bilstein adjustables, Al's Gen 4.5 Arms, 235/85-16 Duratracs, DTT rear, Elocker front, EVIC+TPMS, Turbo timer, McNally pillar gauges, Weeks Stage II kit.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Window tint %
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:47 pm 
Offline
LOST Member
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 19, 2008 4:51 pm
Posts: 255
Location: Madison, AL
CATCRD wrote:
27% is legal here in CO, so that's what I got. You can search my posts for the pics I posted. I would guess the rears are about 20% from the factory, but they have an amber hue, which is hard to match.

That's weird, maybe a difference between 05 and 06 models. My rear tint seems to be the grey smoke colored tint.

_________________
Solar Yellow 2001 TJ Sport 4.0 auto 4X4
White 2006 Liberty Limited 2.8 CRD 4X4...SOLD 4-21-2012


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group. Color scheme by ColorizeIt!
Logo by pixeldecals.com