| LOST JEEPS http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/ |
|
| CRD Cabin Heater http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=65299 |
Page 1 of 1 |
| Author: | emdsd45 [ Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:35 am ] |
| Post subject: | CRD Cabin Heater |
I replaced my Thermostat and now I have no heat in the cabin. I think I may have incorrectly installed a couple of the hoses between the thermostat, viscous heater, and heater core. Does anyone have a flow diagram showing the proper routing for all hoses? Thanks, Kevin |
|
| Author: | emdsd45 [ Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:27 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: CRD Cabin Heater |
Got it fixed, found an old topic that explained the routing. I had the small upper hose on thermostat housing incorrectly routed. |
|
| Author: | papaindigo [ Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:35 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: CRD Cabin Heater |
There are 3 hoses that connect to the thermostat 1) the very bottom port (aluminum fitting) is the by-pass port that connects to the water-pump inlet, 2) the large plastic port connects via a short formed bent hose to the viscous heater on the passenger side and the drivers side viscous heater hose runs over the tstat to firewall and the heater core, and 3) the small port is the de-gas flow (constant air bleed) to the plastic tank on the firewall, and the large front facing port goes to the radiator. You may have the viscous heater hoses backwards. |
|
| Page 1 of 1 | All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|