| LOST JEEPS http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/ |
|
| Transmission fill tube question http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=65768 |
Page 1 of 1 |
| Author: | Kursk [ Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:43 am ] |
| Post subject: | Transmission fill tube question |
I have a question on the transmission dipstick (fill tube). I am trying to remove the bolt that holds it in place so I can completely clear it out of the way for the re-installation of the valve cover. I used a LONG 9/16" box end wrench and was able to break the bolt free. Since I can't actually reach the bolt with my fingers I know I'll never get it back in so I have not completely removed it at this point, only loosened it. My question is: Does this bolt attach to the back of the head at a random attachment point designed just to attach the tube or is it a transmission or other bolt hole that just happens to have the tube attached? It was very hard to break free so I assume it was torqued pretty tight for some reason... I have tried bending the tube and moving it but it doesn't do that too well. If I could get it out of the way it would make installation of the valve cover a lot simpler. Hopefully this might help others as well. Thanks ![]()
|
|
| Author: | papaindigo [ Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:38 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Transmission fill tube question |
IIRC from other chats the bolt can be reached with long extensions from underneath the vehicle |
|
| Author: | WolverineFW [ Tue Mar 13, 2012 6:53 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Transmission fill tube question |
I would not take it out if at all possible. A couple people have had their mounting point break and mentioned it was a royal pain to reintall a new tube and get it tightened back up. |
|
| Page 1 of 1 | All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|