It is currently Wed Oct 07, 2026 5:16 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Driver side carpets wet on my CRD
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:37 pm 
Offline
LOST Newbie

Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2008 4:43 am
Posts: 41
Location: Nanaimo, BC
My Driver side carpet has been wet for awhile. I just pulled it up and it is soak, all the wiring is fully submerged in water and there is a couple of cups of sand and gravel. I can't for my life find where it is coming in. Given the gravel it seems like it has to be coming from the bottom but there is lot of water. Not sure if I should be posting it in this section or not. Photo link below. Has anyone else had this issue?


http://web.me.com/devhawes/2006_Jeep_Liberty_CRD/Photos.html

_________________
2006 CRD, SEGR, EHM, added EVIC and Katzkin leather seats, GDE Ecotune, H&R lift springs, Bilstien Shocks, 245/70R16 Michelin LTX (210,000km)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Driver side carpets wet on my CRD
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:30 am 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Joined: Sun Mar 28, 2010 9:15 am
Posts: 5431
Location: Tallahassee, Florida
If it was just water I'd be looking at a plugged drain from the HVAC system although that usually puts water on the passenger side. Given the gravel, unless you have been off roading in deep water, you obviously have a large leak some where and I'd guess in a wheel wheel which would account for the gravel. As to where I don't know. Absent a better suggestion I'd be looking a pulling seats/carpets and lower trim panels and looking for an obvious hole. I know most vehicles have "rubber" plugs in various body areas and I'd suspect you are missing one or one has gone bad.

_________________
Sold to LOST member my 05 Ltd, GDE Stg II turbo + TCM tune, SunCoast TC w. Transgo kit, Steiger window regulators, Samcos, Fumoto valve, 2nd gen filter head with Lub. Spec. bleeder, Hayden clutch & 11 blade fan, inverted spare, P-1 battery, BF Goodrich Long Trail TAs, Etecno1 glow plugs, timing belt at 50K miles/8 yrs


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Driver side carpets wet on my CRD
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:17 pm 
Offline
LOST Newbie

Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2008 4:43 am
Posts: 41
Location: Nanaimo, BC
I dried out the carpet and clean up the water last night. I do light off roading and it has never been submerged in water so I think you are right and its coming somehow from the wheel well area. I think I will have to pull back the wheel well liner and take a look.

_________________
2006 CRD, SEGR, EHM, added EVIC and Katzkin leather seats, GDE Ecotune, H&R lift springs, Bilstien Shocks, 245/70R16 Michelin LTX (210,000km)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Driver side carpets wet on my CRD
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 3:58 pm 
Offline
LOST Newbie

Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2008 4:43 am
Posts: 41
Location: Nanaimo, BC
Figured it out. After drying everything out and cleaning up. I ran a house down the windshield for 10 minutes water starts to overflow and pour into the engine compartment near the brake booster and the water was following a wire right into the drivers side floor. The sealant around the wire was broken up, I think from when I installed SEGR years ago. Anyway I resealed and no more water. Still not sure how all the gravel got in.

_________________
2006 CRD, SEGR, EHM, added EVIC and Katzkin leather seats, GDE Ecotune, H&R lift springs, Bilstien Shocks, 245/70R16 Michelin LTX (210,000km)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Driver side carpets wet on my CRD
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 5:05 pm 
Offline
LOST Junkie

Joined: Mon Mar 24, 2008 10:26 pm
Posts: 943
Location: West Coast, Canada
captaincrd wrote:
Figured it out. After drying everything out and cleaning up. I ran a house down the windshield for 10 minutes water starts to overflow and pour into the engine compartment near the brake booster and the water was following a wire right into the drivers side floor. The sealant around the wire was broken up, I think from when I installed SEGR years ago. Anyway I resealed and no more water. Still not sure how all the gravel got in.


Sure the gravel did not just get tracked in by someone's shoes and might have appeared to be coming in with the water?

_________________
2006 Liberty CRD Limited

Provent @ 43,000 km
SEGR in progress
SAMCO Sport hoses @ 48500 km
Goodyear Wrangler Duratrac LT225/75R16


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group. Color scheme by ColorizeIt!
Logo by pixeldecals.com