LOST JEEPS
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/

Seat Belt...
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=65977
Page 1 of 1

Author:  littlebiggin [ Wed Mar 21, 2012 4:08 pm ]
Post subject:  Seat Belt...

So another problem with my CRD. I can click my seat belt in and make sure its in there good and pull on it to make sure its latched and its there. But take off down the road and at random times it just comes undone. Very unsafe! I think I'm gonna get another from a salvage yard should i have any issues with a different year model? Has anyone else had this issue?

Author:  papaindigo [ Wed Mar 21, 2012 4:44 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Seat Belt...

With a flashlight and a probe like a dental pick see if there is a piece of debris down in there preventing the latch from fully engaging the clip. Been there done that.

Author:  littlebiggin [ Wed Mar 21, 2012 7:00 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Seat Belt...

Thanks for the tip i'll try that here is just a bit and let you know the results!

Author:  gtiguy1010 [ Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:52 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Seat Belt...

littlebiggin wrote:
So another problem with my CRD. I can click my seat belt in and make sure its in there good and pull on it to make sure its latched and its there. But take off down the road and at random times it just comes undone. Very unsafe! I think I'm gonna get another from a salvage yard should i have any issues with a different year model? Has anyone else had this issue?


The buckle is not that expensive at the dealer if you need to get one(like $35 IIRC). I replaced one in my 02 and in my dads 04 with the same problem that your having. You just have to pull the seat to install it.

Author:  littlebiggin [ Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:52 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Seat Belt...

Yeah I looked down in the seat belt latch and didn't find anything. I even probed around in it with a pick. I guess i will have to order one because I have seen what it looks like when you don't wear your seat belt and have an accident :dead:

Author:  littlebiggin [ Sat Mar 24, 2012 3:35 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Seat Belt...

Was telling the local part store guy about my seat belt issue he said "Ahh just spray some wd-40 down in it, should fix it right up." So after spraying it down with lub it works a ton better. I think i will still replace though I like safety features that I know work lol

Author:  mvoss15 [ Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:10 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Seat Belt...

Did you end up replacing the buckle? Our drivers side one just started doing this, and no luck with the WD-40 fix. It takes about 5-10 attempts to get it to stay latched, and even then sometimes comes loose while driving.

Anyone know the part number for the driver's side buckle?

Author:  liberty2.8 [ Mon Apr 02, 2012 3:03 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Seat Belt...

I smell a safety recall

Author:  littlebiggin [ Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:04 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Seat Belt...

The WD-40 has seemed to fix mine, it now stays latched :). It still bugs me it was messing up though, I would hate for it to fail in an accident. As far as a part number I never got that far.

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/