| LOST JEEPS http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/ |
|
| Window tint % http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=66120 |
Page 1 of 1 |
| Author: | liberty2.8 [ Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:09 am ] |
| Post subject: | Window tint % |
Does anybody know what % the factory window tint is on a Limited? All of my windows except front doors have a darker factory tint and I would like to match it on front doors. Thinking of trying one of those precut kits you can get cheap on Ebay but I dont know % of existing tint. |
|
| Author: | patmaz [ Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:22 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Window tint % |
I went to my friend shop to get mines done a year ago,and the back are tinted 70-73%(27-30%visibility) from factory..He did my front ones with rayban 65% tint 35% visibility,and the match is just a tiny bit darker in the back,the look is perfect for me,im not on the legal limit(legal is 23% tint here haha),but with the little diffence it creates an illusion and i never had any trouble so far,but also it is a truck,so they are not at the same height(police)so i guess that helps... Dont forget also that the color of the truck can make the window tint look darker to,mine is inferno red,so it looks less dark than on a white truck...Be carefull for contrasts! I have a really nice picture of the tint,but i cant post it here,so if you want send me your email and i will be pleased to send it to you! |
|
| Author: | liberty2.8 [ Fri Mar 30, 2012 2:01 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Window tint % |
Thanks for the info, I was thinking of tinting front doors same as back but I guess i better check local laws beforehand to make sure I'm not too dark. |
|
| Author: | papaindigo [ Fri Mar 30, 2012 3:33 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Window tint % |
I'd be a little cautious about tinting the front windows the same as the back. Some years ago I did that on another vehicle and found looking for cross traffic thru the tint was a huge problem and took the tint off. |
|
| Author: | CATCRD [ Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:53 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Window tint % |
27% is legal here in CO, so that's what I got. You can search my posts for the pics I posted. I would guess the rears are about 20% from the factory, but they have an amber hue, which is hard to match. |
|
| Author: | liberty2.8 [ Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:47 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Window tint % |
CATCRD wrote: 27% is legal here in CO, so that's what I got. You can search my posts for the pics I posted. I would guess the rears are about 20% from the factory, but they have an amber hue, which is hard to match. That's weird, maybe a difference between 05 and 06 models. My rear tint seems to be the grey smoke colored tint. |
|
| Page 1 of 1 | All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|