It is currently Thu Oct 08, 2026 1:46 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Rocker Arms
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:03 am 
Offline
LOST Newbie

Joined: Sat Apr 14, 2012 10:03 pm
Posts: 2
I am on the hunt for 8 rocker arms, is there any where you can get them
besides the Dealer?
My timing belt jumped a tooth or two, and the exhaust side paid the price.
Also looking forthe torque values for the head cover bolts.
Thanks for any help.

_________________
06 Jeep, CRD Liberty
96 Dodge, Cummins
08 Artic Cat, 700 Diesel


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rocker Arms
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:53 am 
Offline
LOST Addict
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 14, 2009 12:20 pm
Posts: 1881
Location: Orange Park, FL
Check rockauto.com

Sent using the force

_________________
'02 Jeep KJ 4x4- Gone
'92 YJ- lift, swampers, bumpers....yeah, its pretty sweet.
*DISCLAIMER*: I can not be held liable for anything I say on the forums or in real life.
I also can not be held liable for any jeep breakage or life problems caused due to my advice being taken.
:D


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rocker Arms
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 2:39 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Joined: Sun Mar 28, 2010 9:15 am
Posts: 5431
Location: Tallahassee, Florida
See viewtopic.php?f=35&t=65556 and PM wobbly

_________________
Sold to LOST member my 05 Ltd, GDE Stg II turbo + TCM tune, SunCoast TC w. Transgo kit, Steiger window regulators, Samcos, Fumoto valve, 2nd gen filter head with Lub. Spec. bleeder, Hayden clutch & 11 blade fan, inverted spare, P-1 battery, BF Goodrich Long Trail TAs, Etecno1 glow plugs, timing belt at 50K miles/8 yrs


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rocker Arms
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 3:53 pm 
Offline
LOST Junkie
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2007 5:21 pm
Posts: 664
Location: Battle Ground, WA
I'd recommend downloading the service manual. Here's part of what you'll need:

Link to a recent thread doing the same thing you're contemplating: http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=64557&start=20

Next up, page 9 - 204 of the 2005 Service Manual:

CYLINDER HEAD COVER/INTAKE MANIFOLD
TIGHTENING PROCEDURE
² Alternate between bolts #11 and #16 to seat cylinder
head cover/intake manifold on cylinder head
(Fig. 57). Torque bolts to 7 N·m.
² Torque all cylinder head cover/intake manifold
retaining bolts to 25 N·m in numerical order starting
with #1 and ending with #16 (Fig. 57).
(9) Connect the fuel return junction block to the
intake manifold/cylinder head cover (Fig. 58).
(10) Install the oil separator and outlet hose (Refer
to 9 - ENGINE/LUBRICATION/OIL - INSTALLATION).
(11) Install the fuel rail (Refer to 14 - FUEL SYSTEM/
FUEL DELIVERY/FUEL RAIL - INSTALLATION).
(12) Install fuel injectors and fuel injector supply
lines (Refer to 14 - FUEL SYSTEM/FUEL INJECTION/
FUEL INJECTOR - INSTALLATION)...

Mark

_________________
--
2005 Liberty CRD
2004.5 Cummins 5.9L TD, F1s, NV5600 6-speed in a '93 GMC Suburban


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rocker Arms
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 5:00 pm 
Offline
LOST Addict
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2007 2:07 am
Posts: 6220
Location: Colorado Baby!
JGB357 wrote:
I am on the hunt for 8 rocker arms, is there any where you can get them
besides the Dealer?
My timing belt jumped a tooth or two, and the exhaust side paid the price.
Also looking forthe torque values for the head cover bolts.
Thanks for any help.


I've been where you are, replaced 16 of them, are you absolutely certain that your intake is good too? I thought my exhaust only was bad, then I got 8 new ones and it turned out the intake was bad too.

I'm lucky since I ordered mine via a wholesale account, cost me $47 each. If you order them online through one of the parts retailers you probably will pay about the same.

_________________
http://www.Colorado4Wheel.com
"Its not about what you can DO with your Jeep, its about where you can GO with your Jeep."
Knowledgeable - But Caustic


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rocker Arms
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 12:57 pm 
Offline
LOST Newbie

Joined: Sat Apr 14, 2012 10:03 pm
Posts: 2
Well after closer inspection, I did need to replace all of the rockers.
I would like to thank you guy (and gals) for the info and help.

_________________
06 Jeep, CRD Liberty
96 Dodge, Cummins
08 Artic Cat, 700 Diesel


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rocker Arms
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 4:25 pm 
Offline
LOST Addict
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2007 2:07 am
Posts: 6220
Location: Colorado Baby!
JGB357 wrote:
Well after closer inspection, I did need to replace all of the rockers.
I would like to thank you guy (and gals) for the info and help.


If you are looking for an inexpensive source here is a new set on ebay:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/x16-Chrysler- ... 6713265705


If any of your lifters are damaged too I have some used ones that I would sell cheap.

_________________
http://www.Colorado4Wheel.com
"Its not about what you can DO with your Jeep, its about where you can GO with your Jeep."
Knowledgeable - But Caustic


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group. Color scheme by ColorizeIt!
Logo by pixeldecals.com