| LOST JEEPS http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/ |
|
| Future CRD Owner, in Quest http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=66122 |
Page 1 of 1 |
| Author: | TestDriver [ Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:25 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Future CRD Owner, in Quest |
Hello, I'm new to this forum though not new to diesels and I'm on a quest to acquire an 06 version. I'm really putting myself in a difficult spot to find one specific year. However, the stability control is important to me and I'll hold out till I find one. There's been a couple of 06 Limited versions with millage less than 80k near me in the $12k range that have slipped from my clutches in the past couple of weeks. So, they do come up around here once in a while. However, I'm not opposed to drive one back from a day's drive away. And, it does not have to be a Limited but the price needs to be right. I'm scouring craigslist, cars.com, vehix, autotrader, cardirect and ebay daily. Any other leads people here can provide are appreciated. Thanks |
|
| Author: | Radman [ Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:31 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Future CRD Owner, in Quest |
Where are you located? |
|
| Author: | TestDriver [ Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:42 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Future CRD Owner, in Quest |
Radman wrote: Where are you located? Sorry, I just edited my location. I'm in SE Michigan between Lansing and Detroit. |
|
| Author: | NJBill [ Fri Mar 30, 2012 8:44 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Future CRD Owner, in Quest |
I am selling a pristine 2005 CRD for $11,500. It has 72,000 miles driven by my wife. |
|
| Author: | usa591 [ Sat Mar 31, 2012 12:07 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Future CRD Owner, in Quest |
...for the record, I was considering flying to PA from California to pick up a promising CRD at one point. Only reason I didn't was that one popped up in Vegas two days before I was going to buy a one-way ticket. Road trips are fun. Good excuse to throw a sleeping back in the rucksack, buy some Red Vines & get ready to meet some interesting people along the way.
|
|
| Author: | geordi [ Sat Mar 31, 2012 2:32 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Future CRD Owner, in Quest |
Road trips like that are a BLAST to do. I'm actually looking at doing something like that in the next couple weeks when adding another diesel to the fleet. |
|
| Author: | TestDriver [ Sat Mar 31, 2012 9:44 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Future CRD Owner, in Quest |
NJBill wrote: I am selling a pristine 2005 CRD for $11,500. It has 72,000 miles driven by my wife. Thanks for the offer. But, as I said above, I'm looking for a 2006 model. Good luck. |
|
| Author: | cjayw [ Sat Mar 31, 2012 11:12 am ] |
| Post subject: | Future CRD Owner, in Quest |
Have a 06 limited 100 miles. Forest green with cloth. Montreal quebec. Pm if you want more detail or pics. |
|
| Author: | cjayw [ Sat Mar 31, 2012 11:27 am ] |
| Post subject: | Future CRD Owner, in Quest |
Timing strap is due in 1500 miles. I can get it done or you can take care of it. |
|
| Author: | geordi [ Sat Mar 31, 2012 12:06 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Future CRD Owner, in Quest |
Cjay - Just for clarity, I think you might want to check your numbers, I think a few zeros got missed. I'm surprised that you posted in miles rather than kilometers, but obviously your CRD doesn't just have 100 miles on it and the timing belt is due at 100,000 miles... Not 1500 miles. Sounds like it might be what he wants however! |
|
| Author: | cjayw [ Mon Apr 02, 2012 12:46 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Future CRD Owner, in Quest |
Sorry. 100,000 miles. Actually 158000 km plus or minus what I drove yesterday. Pics ![]()
|
|
| Author: | racertracer [ Mon Apr 02, 2012 1:04 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Future CRD Owner, in Quest |
NJBill wrote: I am selling a pristine 2005 CRD for $11,500. It has 72,000 miles driven by my wife. Bill is yours a limited? |
|
| Author: | TestDriver [ Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:19 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Future CRD Owner, in Quest, Quest is Over! |
Following up, I picked up this CRD on Saturday; viewtopic.php?f=35&t=66407 I don't know if he'll check on here but, many thanks to liberty2.8 for working with me on the deal. The road trip (650mi) was kind of boring but it gave me lots of seat time. My millage was not that great at less than 20mpg but I did make observations that will direct me as to what to do next. Thanks for the leads. |
|
| Author: | liberty2.8 [ Tue Apr 24, 2012 12:38 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Future CRD Owner, in Quest, Quest is Over! |
TestDriver wrote: Following up, I picked up this CRD on Saturday; viewtopic.php?f=35&t=66407 I don't know if he'll check on here but, many thanks to liberty2.8 for working with me on the deal. The road trip (650mi) was kind of boring but it gave me lots of seat time. My millage was not that great at less than 20mpg but I did make observations that will direct me as to what to do next. Thanks for the leads. TestDriver, you should have gotten much better than that on the open road. I averaged 20-21 in city and on those long hauls back and forth to Louisiana I got about 27. Watch your right foot and you should do better. Also keep the Edge switched at middle position. I always had to add 10% to actual odometer reading during hand calculations because of known odometer error. And your welcome, I hope it serves you well and keep us updated on your experiments |
|
| Page 1 of 1 | All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|