LOST JEEPS
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/

Codes P0700 and P0605
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=66162
Page 1 of 1

Author:  Agilitymaneuver [ Sun Apr 01, 2012 11:11 pm ]
Post subject:  Codes P0700 and P0605

After only owning my liberty (06 CRD with 67000km) for 5 days it threw those two codes at me. The jeep is now in transmition limp mode. Anyone have any suggestions as to what this could be?

Thanks,

Author:  msilbernagel [ Mon Apr 02, 2012 1:58 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Codes P0700 and P0605

P0700 - Transmission Control System (MIL Request)
P0605 - Internal Control Module Read Only Memory (ROM) Error

( list here: http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1035)

You can try pulling the neg cable and letting it sit for 30 minutes or so, but you'll probably need a shop to reset the transmission control module (TCM) to see if it recovers.

ROM is semi-permanent memory and if failed likely to be a hard fault requiring a replacement TCM.

Sorry about the trouble so soon - but most of us are in love with 'em. It'll recover soon!

Mark

Author:  Agilitymaneuver [ Mon Apr 02, 2012 12:34 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Codes P0700 and P0605

Thanks,

I was able to make it disappear for about 20km when I pulled one of the transmission sensors and cleaned it (the one on the passenger side right in front of the cat) but it came back. I also read that these faults can be cause by low battery voltage. I threw mine on my charger this morning and will see if that helps.

I was looking at doing the Green Diesel Engineering TCM reprogram anyways. Would ordering one from them and just paying the core charge solve the problem?

Thanks

Author:  msilbernagel [ Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:55 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Codes P0700 and P0605

Agilitymaneuver wrote:
Thanks,

I was able to make it disappear for about 20km when I pulled one of the transmission sensors and cleaned it (the one on the passenger side right in front of the cat) but it came back. I also read that these faults can be cause by low battery voltage. I threw mine on my charger this morning and will see if that helps.

I was looking at doing the Green Diesel Engineering TCM reprogram anyways. Would ordering one from them and just paying the core charge solve the problem?

Thanks


I would contact GDE/Keith and ask. They may be able to reprogram the ROM, or replace the chip... and they're in the best position to list your options. All indications are they're fantastic folks to work with, so I'd be optimistic.

Mark

Author:  Agilitymaneuver [ Thu Apr 05, 2012 4:00 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Codes P0700 and P0605

Thanks for the tip.

I actually have been talking with Keith at GDE and I have my experience has been nothing short of fantastic.

Author:  Agilitymaneuver [ Fri Apr 13, 2012 2:55 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Codes P0700 and P0605

Update: Well I had the TCM replaced and my check engine light is now out. So that seems to have been the appropriate solution. I still think there is something fishy about the wiring harness so I will post more if this happens again.

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/