| LOST JEEPS http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/ |
|
| Flaming Out http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=66342 |
Page 1 of 1 |
| Author: | Herk [ Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:55 am ] |
| Post subject: | Flaming Out |
Ok it's a common problem with fuel/air and I have read about it on the forum for years. I never have had any issues with this and recently I changed my fuel filter as I have done many times before with no issues. I drive down the road and at about 8 miles it flames out. Put on a clear hose and its full of air. I pump and pump and limp it home. I have now put on two filters on first was a Napa then a Mopar with the same problem. I have replaced the fuel head about two years ago as a fire prevention concern. Were besides the fuel head were could the air becoming from? I have done a soap test on the head with no bubbles or fuel seeps. I just got back off the highway with this issue so I apologize if this request is rambling. Any input would be great! |
|
| Author: | msilbernagel [ Wed Apr 11, 2012 2:39 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Flaming Out |
If your system is stock (i.e. no lift pump installed), the other significant point of entry for air are the fittings where the tank connects to the lines that go forward to the engine compartment. Stock fuel systems suck the fuel from the Bosch CP3 mounted to the engine, just under the alternator, through the fuel filter and head, then back through the lines to the tank. The filter head and fittings are the two biggies. Mark |
|
| Author: | Herk [ Wed Apr 11, 2012 2:48 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Flaming Out |
Yes my fuel system is stock. Those fittings could be the issue. How are they replaced? The item that's kicking my butt is all was good until I change the fuel filter. Yes I did double check for the center flat o-ring. |
|
| Author: | dritchie [ Wed Apr 11, 2012 6:54 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Flaming Out |
Check to make sure that the gasket from the old filter didn't get left behind and stuck to the fuel head causing an air leak. |
|
| Author: | Herk [ Sat Apr 14, 2012 7:21 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Flaming Out |
Well put on a new fuel head and installed a Facet lift pump in the engine compartment and off to do the test drive. |
|
| Page 1 of 1 | All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|