| LOST JEEPS http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/ |
|
| Timing Belt tool gathering. http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=66346 |
Page 1 of 1 |
| Author: | tomasnc [ Wed Apr 11, 2012 6:19 am ] |
| Post subject: | Timing Belt tool gathering. |
Hello All, I have been reading up on changing the timing belt on my '05 CRD. I have 88,000 ish miles. From my studies this is the kit everyone uses http://www.ebay.com/itm/MILLER-TOOL-9599-BOX-3-4-2-8-LITER-CRD-ENGINE-TOOLS-/270563009667?hash=item3efecfe483&item=270563009667&pt=Motors_Automotive_Tools&vxp=mtr. There is mention of a wrench to tighten the belt? Has any member have a Jeep dealership perform this belt change. I have read too many horror stories about the poor skills these "techs" have to think about using my dealer. I am SWAGing this number but IFRC they sold maybe 10 CRD's in 05 & 06. As far as timing belt experience I have changed the belt on my wifes VW Jetta 2.0L. It was a PITA. Running great so A+++ for me Anyway, thanks for the help. Tom |
|
| Author: | papaindigo [ Wed Apr 11, 2012 2:52 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Timing Belt tool gathering. |
The 4 box set that some of us have includes a lot of tools unrelated to the timing belt. The tools included are pictured at viewtopic.php?f=5&t=62477&p=703254&hilit=miller#p703254 . The cam and flywheel pins and tensioner tool are in Box 1 and the cam pulley holding tool is in box 2. The item in the eBay link is a VM.1054 RELIEF VALVE REMOVER/CENTRAL CARRIER PIN REMOVER/INSTALLER tool and offhand I have no clue what it does even though I have it. Yes some have had dealers or other shops do the timing belt change. See viewtopic.php?f=5&t=62477&p=703254&hilit=miller#p703254 for some references. As to changing the belt it's a tedious but not difficult 5 hr job and the tools can be rented from GDE or maybe borrowed on-site where a member has a set. Most of us are reluctant to let the tools out of our sight. There are several posts on how to. |
|
| Page 1 of 1 | All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|