It is currently Tue Oct 06, 2026 12:03 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Codes P0700 and P0605
PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 11:11 pm 
Offline
LOST Newbie

Joined: Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:24 am
Posts: 16
Location: Vancouver, BC
After only owning my liberty (06 CRD with 67000km) for 5 days it threw those two codes at me. The jeep is now in transmition limp mode. Anyone have any suggestions as to what this could be?

Thanks,

_________________
Adam
2006 Jeep Liberty CRD


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Codes P0700 and P0605
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 1:58 am 
Offline
LOST Junkie
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2007 5:21 pm
Posts: 664
Location: Battle Ground, WA
P0700 - Transmission Control System (MIL Request)
P0605 - Internal Control Module Read Only Memory (ROM) Error

( list here: http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1035)

You can try pulling the neg cable and letting it sit for 30 minutes or so, but you'll probably need a shop to reset the transmission control module (TCM) to see if it recovers.

ROM is semi-permanent memory and if failed likely to be a hard fault requiring a replacement TCM.

Sorry about the trouble so soon - but most of us are in love with 'em. It'll recover soon!

Mark

_________________
--
2005 Liberty CRD
2004.5 Cummins 5.9L TD, F1s, NV5600 6-speed in a '93 GMC Suburban


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Codes P0700 and P0605
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 12:34 pm 
Offline
LOST Newbie

Joined: Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:24 am
Posts: 16
Location: Vancouver, BC
Thanks,

I was able to make it disappear for about 20km when I pulled one of the transmission sensors and cleaned it (the one on the passenger side right in front of the cat) but it came back. I also read that these faults can be cause by low battery voltage. I threw mine on my charger this morning and will see if that helps.

I was looking at doing the Green Diesel Engineering TCM reprogram anyways. Would ordering one from them and just paying the core charge solve the problem?

Thanks

_________________
Adam
2006 Jeep Liberty CRD


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Codes P0700 and P0605
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:55 pm 
Offline
LOST Junkie
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2007 5:21 pm
Posts: 664
Location: Battle Ground, WA
Agilitymaneuver wrote:
Thanks,

I was able to make it disappear for about 20km when I pulled one of the transmission sensors and cleaned it (the one on the passenger side right in front of the cat) but it came back. I also read that these faults can be cause by low battery voltage. I threw mine on my charger this morning and will see if that helps.

I was looking at doing the Green Diesel Engineering TCM reprogram anyways. Would ordering one from them and just paying the core charge solve the problem?

Thanks


I would contact GDE/Keith and ask. They may be able to reprogram the ROM, or replace the chip... and they're in the best position to list your options. All indications are they're fantastic folks to work with, so I'd be optimistic.

Mark

_________________
--
2005 Liberty CRD
2004.5 Cummins 5.9L TD, F1s, NV5600 6-speed in a '93 GMC Suburban


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Codes P0700 and P0605
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 4:00 pm 
Offline
LOST Newbie

Joined: Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:24 am
Posts: 16
Location: Vancouver, BC
Thanks for the tip.

I actually have been talking with Keith at GDE and I have my experience has been nothing short of fantastic.

_________________
Adam
2006 Jeep Liberty CRD


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Codes P0700 and P0605
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 2:55 pm 
Offline
LOST Newbie

Joined: Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:24 am
Posts: 16
Location: Vancouver, BC
Update: Well I had the TCM replaced and my check engine light is now out. So that seems to have been the appropriate solution. I still think there is something fishy about the wiring harness so I will post more if this happens again.

_________________
Adam
2006 Jeep Liberty CRD


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group. Color scheme by ColorizeIt!
Logo by pixeldecals.com