msilbernagel wrote:
SirSam - I don't get two transmission failures in 135k.. you tow much? Or was damage done in the rollover.. ?
Mark
Tow much.....no not hardly at all.
First tranny I have no idea why it failed, I wasn't driving. The CRD is primarily my moms Jeep, so trying to determine if a tire is flat is like pulling teeth.
No idea what happened, transmission overheated for one thing, no idea why it that happened - I wasn't there, I wasn't driving it, I have given up on trying to decipher exactly what happened, I don't think I will ever know for sure.
Second tranny has 50k+ on it from me, and unknown mileage when I installed it. I suspect over 100k, possibly even 150k based off of how dirty/greasy the unit was on the outside. It got the upgraded TC when I installed the new/used trans.
I doubt any damage was done to the trans in the rollover. Basically I have just not had great luck with the trans. I will not be putting in the same tranny again, will either go with an NSG370 or an NV3550.
_________________
http://www.Colorado4Wheel.com
"Its not about what you can
DO with your Jeep, its about where you can
GO with your Jeep."
Knowledgeable - But Caustic