LOST JEEPS
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/

So, How many MILES???
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=66410
Page 1 of 1

Author:  DarbyWalters [ Fri Apr 13, 2012 12:23 pm ]
Post subject:  So, How many MILES???

2006 CRD (purchased in June 2006)

138,856 miles

*Engine replaced under warranty at 8,000 miles after a glow plug broke off and passed thru
*Alternator replaced at 86,725
*Rear Ended Once...no big damage
*Timing Belt/Water Pump replacement at 138,856

Author:  irollgen4s [ Fri Apr 13, 2012 12:37 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: So, How many MILES???

165k. timing belt at around 120k. was bumped in the rear once, tiny dent on the hatch. lifted at about 145k. GDE tuned at 157kish. no major work done, oil changes every 5k miles, air filter when its dirty. two or three serp belts, never had one break. i'll edit this when i think of more :ROTFL:

Author:  spitfire36o [ Fri Apr 13, 2012 2:12 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: So, How many MILES???

2005 CRD
Purchased on 9/24/2011 with 47,000 miles

10/03 - alternator decoupler and air filter
10/15 - removed daystar spacers and installed OME springs/bilstein shocks in front, new frontUCAs, new front rotors and pads
10/17 - alignment
10/31 - new thermostat
12/07 - new torque converter
01/19 - new treadwright warden A/T 245/75/16
01/25 - front left wheel bearing, parking brake shoes and hardware, rear brake pads
02/02 - rear drive shaft u joints
02/04 - front left lower ball joint and fuel filter
02/06 - serpentine belt
02/16 - serpentine belt and belt tensioner
02/20 - removed rear spacers and installed the other half of the ome/bilstein set
02/24 - front right wheel bearing and front differential to left cv seal.
04/13 - Hoping to install front LCA bushings on both sides 2 of 4 are blown out, have appointment for real LCA recall and warranty swap of another torque converter. The last TC they installed was shuddering after 2,200 miles. Its now has 8k on it and it almost gone.

All the above work was done over 12,000 miles, im now at 59K and still loving this torque loaded headache.

Author:  ac5501 [ Fri Apr 13, 2012 5:46 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: So, How many MILES???

162,400 and climbing.

Couple new turbos - the only big ticket item. 1 replaced under warranty
Moog ball joints
Replaced universals at about 50k
L27 Recall - just got that today - rear control arms?

F37 done before I purchased it at 23k so its got whatever torque converter they put in at the time (if they even changed the stock one)

Original stock fuel filter head no lift pump. I've been waiting for the slightest hint of fuel issues (air in fuel, shuttering, hard starts etc) to install a lift pump but so far not a hint of trouble.

GDE eco tune and removed muffler.

Author:  Tree Catcher [ Fri Apr 13, 2012 6:52 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: So, How many MILES???

Bought this baby about 14 months ago and stole it. Paid $9500 for it and she only had 48,000 miles bone stock. Now its got 71,000 miles, Samco hoses, GDE ecotune, everything but the EHM and lift pump from the newbie post done. I really enjoying this little tractor. I have only replaced oil and oil filter every 5k, air and fuel filter twice. So far its been a great vehicle... Waiting for parts to arrive to have the L27 recall work done. Look forward to having this baby run for several hundred thousand more miles!!

Sean

Author:  msilbernagel [ Fri Apr 13, 2012 7:04 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: So, How many MILES???

It's a nice ride, isn't it?

A family member had a Toyota RAV4 - handling and ride doesn't even come close to the Libby.

Author:  ATXKJ [ Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:51 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: So, How many MILES???

Miles ~ 110K

Maintenance stuff...lots and lots
This is one of the most fun vehicles I've ever owned.... but easily the most maintenance intensive..

Author:  Joe Dirt [ Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:23 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: So, How many MILES???

Purchased Feb 18 2006 with 3 miles on it. EGR replaced at 48,000. GDE tune at 68,000. Thermostat at 85,000. Water pump and timing belt at 98,000. Currently at 99,000

Author:  Randy B [ Sat Apr 14, 2012 8:35 am ]
Post subject:  Re: So, How many MILES???

Build date 5/12/2005 75,581 miles
Replaced,
t/c
egr valve
parking brake shoes & hardware
thermostat @ 70,000 miles
water/fuel seperator replaced as per m/s
air/box to turbo inlet hose
u joints just last weekend
oil/filter replaced every 5000 miles Mobil One 0/40W
all maintenance done as per schedule.
Getting all the parts for the t/b /water pump job.
Have really enjoyed the CRD, and no costly repairs.

Author:  Sir Sam [ Sat Apr 14, 2012 12:41 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: So, How many MILES???

31559 Mi, rolled/totalled

Bought 4/2/07
Delivered 4/6/07 - My 21st Bday!

Image
Image
Image
Image

Fixed 5/30/07

Image
Image

40k Mi, boost hose fails.
45k Mi, thermostat fails
50k Mi, Alternator #1 stops charging
81k Mi Transmission #1 fails.
113k Mi Timing belt finally changed(dont push your luck)
116k Mi Alternator #2 decoupler failure causes a serpentine belt tensioner failure(my own fault for not adressing it sooner)
116k New tensioner, alternator #3
~135k Mi Transmission #2 failing

Author:  msilbernagel [ Sat Apr 14, 2012 5:24 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: So, How many MILES???

SirSam - I don't get two transmission failures in 135k.. you tow much? Or was damage done in the rollover.. ?

Mark

Author:  Sir Sam [ Sat Apr 14, 2012 8:38 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: So, How many MILES???

msilbernagel wrote:
SirSam - I don't get two transmission failures in 135k.. you tow much? Or was damage done in the rollover.. ?

Mark


Tow much.....no not hardly at all.

First tranny I have no idea why it failed, I wasn't driving. The CRD is primarily my moms Jeep, so trying to determine if a tire is flat is like pulling teeth.

No idea what happened, transmission overheated for one thing, no idea why it that happened - I wasn't there, I wasn't driving it, I have given up on trying to decipher exactly what happened, I don't think I will ever know for sure.

Second tranny has 50k+ on it from me, and unknown mileage when I installed it. I suspect over 100k, possibly even 150k based off of how dirty/greasy the unit was on the outside. It got the upgraded TC when I installed the new/used trans.

I doubt any damage was done to the trans in the rollover. Basically I have just not had great luck with the trans. I will not be putting in the same tranny again, will either go with an NSG370 or an NV3550.

Author:  msilbernagel [ Sat Apr 14, 2012 8:54 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: So, How many MILES???

Those are manual transmissions, right? I know the NV4500 and NV5600's are used with the Cummins diesels in the Dodge Ram pickups... nice (strong) transmissions..

Mark

Author:  Sir Sam [ Sat Apr 14, 2012 9:09 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: So, How many MILES???

msilbernagel wrote:
Those are manual transmissions, right? I know the NV4500 and NV5600's are used with the Cummins diesels in the Dodge Ram pickups... nice (strong) transmissions..

Mark


Yes, NV3550 is used in 2000/01 XJs, 2000-04 TJs 2002-04 KJ. NSG370 is used in the 05+ KJ, 05/06 TJ. However the bellhousing is integrated on the NSG370 so it needs to be from a KJ to have the correct bellhousing. The NV3550 has a separable bellhousing, so a NV3550 from a XJ or TJ could be used, but a KJ NV3550 would have the correct bellhousing.

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/