LOST JEEPS
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/

Rocker Arms
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=66490
Page 1 of 1

Author:  JGB357 [ Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:03 am ]
Post subject:  Rocker Arms

I am on the hunt for 8 rocker arms, is there any where you can get them
besides the Dealer?
My timing belt jumped a tooth or two, and the exhaust side paid the price.
Also looking forthe torque values for the head cover bolts.
Thanks for any help.

Author:  Budke [ Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:53 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Rocker Arms

Check rockauto.com

Sent using the force

Author:  papaindigo [ Thu Apr 19, 2012 2:39 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Rocker Arms

See viewtopic.php?f=35&t=65556 and PM wobbly

Author:  msilbernagel [ Thu Apr 19, 2012 3:53 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Rocker Arms

I'd recommend downloading the service manual. Here's part of what you'll need:

Link to a recent thread doing the same thing you're contemplating: http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=64557&start=20

Next up, page 9 - 204 of the 2005 Service Manual:

CYLINDER HEAD COVER/INTAKE MANIFOLD
TIGHTENING PROCEDURE
² Alternate between bolts #11 and #16 to seat cylinder
head cover/intake manifold on cylinder head
(Fig. 57). Torque bolts to 7 N·m.
² Torque all cylinder head cover/intake manifold
retaining bolts to 25 N·m in numerical order starting
with #1 and ending with #16 (Fig. 57).
(9) Connect the fuel return junction block to the
intake manifold/cylinder head cover (Fig. 58).
(10) Install the oil separator and outlet hose (Refer
to 9 - ENGINE/LUBRICATION/OIL - INSTALLATION).
(11) Install the fuel rail (Refer to 14 - FUEL SYSTEM/
FUEL DELIVERY/FUEL RAIL - INSTALLATION).
(12) Install fuel injectors and fuel injector supply
lines (Refer to 14 - FUEL SYSTEM/FUEL INJECTION/
FUEL INJECTOR - INSTALLATION)...

Mark

Author:  Sir Sam [ Thu Apr 19, 2012 5:00 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Rocker Arms

JGB357 wrote:
I am on the hunt for 8 rocker arms, is there any where you can get them
besides the Dealer?
My timing belt jumped a tooth or two, and the exhaust side paid the price.
Also looking forthe torque values for the head cover bolts.
Thanks for any help.


I've been where you are, replaced 16 of them, are you absolutely certain that your intake is good too? I thought my exhaust only was bad, then I got 8 new ones and it turned out the intake was bad too.

I'm lucky since I ordered mine via a wholesale account, cost me $47 each. If you order them online through one of the parts retailers you probably will pay about the same.

Author:  JGB357 [ Tue Apr 24, 2012 12:57 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Rocker Arms

Well after closer inspection, I did need to replace all of the rockers.
I would like to thank you guy (and gals) for the info and help.

Author:  Sir Sam [ Tue Apr 24, 2012 4:25 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Rocker Arms

JGB357 wrote:
Well after closer inspection, I did need to replace all of the rockers.
I would like to thank you guy (and gals) for the info and help.


If you are looking for an inexpensive source here is a new set on ebay:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/x16-Chrysler- ... 6713265705


If any of your lifters are damaged too I have some used ones that I would sell cheap.

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/