| LOST JEEPS http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/ |
|
| Additives http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=66505 |
Page 1 of 1 |
| Author: | littlebiggin [ Fri Apr 20, 2012 12:42 am ] |
| Post subject: | Additives |
I'm sure this has been posted on here at one time or another, but her it goes again. I was wondering which fuel additives are among the best on the market. I am relatively new to diesels this is my first. I read somewhere that a guy was putting 2 stroke oil in his diesel. Any ideas of that? I'm just trying to uncover some basics and make sure my diesel lives a long life. Also, I'm running Mobil 1 synthetic. How many miles should I go before changing it? |
|
| Author: | fastring [ Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:54 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Additives |
On other forums at least, thats a big can of worms. As for oil, most here do not like the Mobil1 but go with Rotella T6 synthetic, I get it at Walmart. I have 3 diesels and they each take their own oil, the CRD gets T6 synthetic blue bottle from walmart. Change it per the manual (check but its ~6000 miles or so) and use a good filter. Others will chime in, but IMO, no additives are better than random oil thrown in the gas. If you want to try an additive the white/grey bottles of diesel clean are safe. I didnt notice a difference when I ran it in the CRD though. |
|
| Author: | DynoPax [ Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:19 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Additives |
I use PowerService year round, pouring 7-8 oz per fill-up, in the tank. I also pre-mix some 2-stroke oil with it (approx. 2 oz). Preferably, make sure its TC-W3 compliant, like Shell's marine grade oil. It ensures better lubrification of injection system parts... |
|
| Author: | ATXKJ [ Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:43 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Additives |
DynoPax wrote: I use PowerService year round, pouring 7-8 oz per fill-up, in the tank. I also pre-mix some 2-stroke oil with it (approx. 2 oz). Preferably, make sure its TC-W3 compliant, like Shell's marine grade oil. It ensures better lubrification of injection system parts... x2 |
|
| Author: | Herk [ Sun Apr 22, 2012 10:47 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Additives |
Same same as DynoPax |
|
| Author: | fastring [ Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:14 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Additives |
PowerService, thats what I meant with the grey/white Diesel Clean, not sure where I came up with Diesel Clean...Anyhow, it didnt make any difference for me. |
|
| Author: | hucorey [ Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:56 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Additives |
I have tried just about every fuel additive, Howes, Power Service, Amsoil, etc. The only one where I actually noticed a difference was the Amsoil Cetane Boost, not the injector cleaner, just cetane. It starts better and exhaust kinda smells more like kerosene (space heater exhaust) instead of diesel exhaust. |
|
| Page 1 of 1 | All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|