It is currently Sat Oct 03, 2026 5:16 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Grr. Think I just boned up an EVIC purchase
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 3:31 pm 
Offline
LOST Newbie

Joined: Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:24 pm
Posts: 20
Sorry. Have to vent a bit

Thought I did all of my research so was sure this would work. Just bough an 56042756AF from ebay. 2002 Grand Cherokee EVIC. Already knew the temp wouldn't work but digging deeper it appears that TPMS and instant MPG won't work. Anyone have experience with this particular EVIC on a 2005 CRD? Was going mainly for the instant MPG as I always enjoy watching that in other cars I have had.

_________________
2005 Liberty CRD Limited
GDE Hot Tune
GDE TCM
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Grr. Think I just boned up an EVIC purchase
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 4:15 pm 
Offline
LOST Addict
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2007 2:07 am
Posts: 6220
Location: Colorado Baby!
Thats correct, the instant, outside temp, and TPMS will not work on that one.

_________________
http://www.Colorado4Wheel.com
"Its not about what you can DO with your Jeep, its about where you can GO with your Jeep."
Knowledgeable - But Caustic


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Grr. Think I just boned up an EVIC purchase
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 2:07 am 
Offline
LOST Addict
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2007 9:51 pm
Posts: 6302
Location: Somewhere between Heaven and Hell... But it is really hot here on Earth...
TPMS won't work even if you get one that has it from the same year KJ - It has to be somehow turned on in the BCM, which I have yet to figure out how to do. I have the proper EVIC for my CRD, and yea the temp and instant mpg works - The instant is simply resetting the average and having a look at it.

I have another one that doesn't have the TPMS function that is for sale if you want it... Should be perfect for an 05 (which is what I have) but I don't know about anything else.

Part number is: 56042754AJ and I'd be happy selling it for $60 shipped.

_________________
Proud supporting vendor of LOST Jeeps
TRAVELING CRD TECH. I come to you!
Need help? Just ask! I've taken it apart more than most.
Email jeep [at] maincomputer [dot] com - BOARD MESSAGING IS BROKEN
Over 225 CRDs currently driving with my valves, timing belt, rockers, or ARP Studs.
Bad noises = REALLY bad things.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group. Color scheme by ColorizeIt!
Logo by pixeldecals.com