| LOST JEEPS http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/ |
|
| Grr. Think I just boned up an EVIC purchase http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=66562 |
Page 1 of 1 |
| Author: | CobraDreaming [ Sun Apr 22, 2012 3:31 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Grr. Think I just boned up an EVIC purchase |
Sorry. Have to vent a bit Thought I did all of my research so was sure this would work. Just bough an 56042756AF from ebay. 2002 Grand Cherokee EVIC. Already knew the temp wouldn't work but digging deeper it appears that TPMS and instant MPG won't work. Anyone have experience with this particular EVIC on a 2005 CRD? Was going mainly for the instant MPG as I always enjoy watching that in other cars I have had. |
|
| Author: | Sir Sam [ Sun Apr 22, 2012 4:15 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Grr. Think I just boned up an EVIC purchase |
Thats correct, the instant, outside temp, and TPMS will not work on that one. |
|
| Author: | geordi [ Mon Apr 23, 2012 2:07 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Grr. Think I just boned up an EVIC purchase |
TPMS won't work even if you get one that has it from the same year KJ - It has to be somehow turned on in the BCM, which I have yet to figure out how to do. I have the proper EVIC for my CRD, and yea the temp and instant mpg works - The instant is simply resetting the average and having a look at it. I have another one that doesn't have the TPMS function that is for sale if you want it... Should be perfect for an 05 (which is what I have) but I don't know about anything else. Part number is: 56042754AJ and I'd be happy selling it for $60 shipped. |
|
| Page 1 of 1 | All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|