LOST JEEPS
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/

Replaced Motor Mount...
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=70457
Page 1 of 1

Author:  thomas04 [ Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:39 am ]
Post subject:  Replaced Motor Mount...

Replaced passanger side motor mount and followed the directions by GDE from their sight. However I may have jacked the engine a tad high. There is now a ticking coming from the oil pump/transmission area. Has anybody else have this happen to them? And if so what are the possibilities of damage? I know the pump could be causing the ticking, anything else I should be worried about??

Thanks.

Peace,

Thomas

Author:  gren71 [ Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:20 am ]
Post subject:  Replaced Motor Mount...

How did you know you needed to replace the mount? I've had a shudder lately I can't trace

Author:  thomas04 [ Wed Aug 22, 2012 1:40 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Replaced Motor Mount...

Once I started going over speed bumps and hears a clunk coming from my passenger side motor bay I figured it was the mount. Once I had the old one out it was broken with an object rattling around the inside.

Author:  DynoPax [ Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:24 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Replaced Motor Mount...

How interesting... I too noticed a clunk from one side lately. Even with my new OME kit installed, the same noise is still heard. Time to inve$t...igate again!

Author:  thomas04 [ Wed Aug 22, 2012 1:26 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Replaced Motor Mount...

Funny enough I had an ome 1.5" lift completed and sound was still occuring so I just figured it was a mount. Turned out I was right and clunking is gone. Just be carful with jacking the engine from pump casing, clunk is gone but now having ticking near pump/transmission area.

Author:  maxf15 [ Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:38 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Replaced Motor Mount...

thomas04 wrote:
Funny enough I had an ome 1.5" lift completed and sound was still occuring so I just figured it was a mount. Turned out I was right and clunking is gone. Just be carful with jacking the engine from pump casing, clunk is gone but now having ticking near pump/transmission area.

It's been a while, but did you ever figure out what the ticking noise was? I seem to be having the same issue from the same area under my CRD.

Author:  thomas04 [ Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:33 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Replaced Motor Mount...

The ticking was the oil pump because I was a tad low on oil. Problem has gone away and I still a bit more vigilent with my oil level.

Author:  naturist [ Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:35 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Replaced Motor Mount...

OK, here's the test to determine if you have a bad motor mount: with the engine idling, tranny in neutral, foot on the brakes, LISTEN to the engine and feel the level of vibration in the vehicle. Then shift into drive and listen/feel. Repeat going from neutral to reverse.

If your mounts are good, in both cases, you will hear a slight decrease in engine speed but otherwise feel no change in vehicle vibration. If your mounts are bad and need to be replaced, you will both hear and feel a big change in the vehicle vibrations and noise level.

Those mounts are not just solid blocks of rubber, they have "stuff" inside that goes bad, even though the mounts still grip the engine and prevent it falling out on the road. The result is that they will LOOK fine when they no longer damp engine vibration as they are supposed to.

Author:  MRausch82 [ Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:31 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Replaced Motor Mount...

I had mine replaced a month or two ago... and the difference is great. No more clunks or rattles when going over bumps, no more vibration while idling. Much quieter all together. It was money well spent. I saved the old mounts, and they were both shot. They rattle when shaken. Someone opened up the mounts a while back and posted the pictures and info here on LOST I think.

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/