| LOST JEEPS http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/ |
|
| 545RFE http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=72419 |
Page 1 of 1 |
| Author: | jlgail4309 [ Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:43 pm ] |
| Post subject: | 545RFE |
I getting prices on a torque converter is this the right transmission thanks http://www.torqueconvertershop.com/45T% ... 045RFE.htm I looking at this torque converter any thoughts thanks |
|
| Author: | ChooChooman74 [ Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:04 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: 545RFE |
@Striperman just got a Suncoast and Transgo put in. He is the dude to ask. I think Suncoast is the way to go. They have the TC for our little tractors. Not sure if the one for the Hemi fits ours. The other, more expensive choice, is the ATS. They are super high performance. |
|
| Author: | jlgail4309 [ Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:16 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: 545RFE |
545RFE do you know is that right part # for our transmission. I do have a email into Suncoast waiting for a response. Im thinking about having one built. testing the waters any thoughts would help thanks. |
|
| Author: | Joe Romas [ Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:58 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: 545RFE |
jlgail4309 wrote: 545RFE do you know is that right part # for our transmission. I do have a email into Suncoast waiting for a response. Im thinking about having one built. testing the waters any thoughts would help thanks. YES. A "Down Under" member in Austrailia installed a hemi TC a couple of years or more ago. It fits and works but has a diffeent stall speed. Try a search. My advice, CALL suncoast
|
|
| Author: | papaindigo [ Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:31 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: 545RFE |
A note of caution as 2 different things are being discussed so for clarity - the 05/06 CRD automatic transmission is the 545RFE which is good as that's a commonly used DCJ transmission BUT one needs to be careful when obtaining a torque converter for use with a 545RFE mounted in the CRD drive train as the TC used needs to match the engine output to the 455RFE. Most any TC you get off the shelf for a 545RFE is going to be designed to mate with a gas engine not the diesel and a gas TC simply won't stand up to the CRD engine output. I'm not saying that a good TC shop cannot provide or build a good TC for your vehicle; I'm just saying that it's unlikely they will have one on the shelf. FYI SunCoast is not the greatest about responding to emails so X2 on calling them and if you do so I'd strongly recommend talking to Ron Wolverton directly rather than any staffer who answers the phone. First time I called I was told they did not do TC installs; when I later spoke to Ron he said sure they did installs just let him know when and come on over. |
|
| Author: | striperman36 [ Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:18 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: 545RFE |
Definitely call SunCoast, they are very good when you proactively call them, they saved me money in shipping and answered all my questions in regards to the TC the several times I called. It is double the price of the Euro TC 323 vs 565 but the SunCoast TC is a tank. You could get a custom TC but that would be a good deal more. |
|
| Author: | warp2diesel [ Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:11 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: 545RFE |
Make sure you install the Transgo kit into your front pump, as Suncoast recommends. If the check valve goes bad, even a Suncoast will chadder. Suncoast is growing and not all of their sales people know their products, so ask for Ron Wolverton if you get stupid answers to your questions. Suncoast keeps 1 CRD converter in stock and they build another one when they sell it often the same day or the next day. Another advantage is due to the heavier billet front cover, the engine will run smoother. with the smoother running engine and Suncoast, you can consider the '03 Ram Hemi TCM. Part number is listed in the threads along with the training procedure i worked out. If there is not a Ram TCM in your neck of the woods, wait a couple days, some one will have a wreck. |
|
| Author: | jlgail4309 [ Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:28 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: 545RFE |
striperman36 wrote: Definitely call SunCoast, they are very good when you proactively call them, they saved me money in shipping and answered all my questions in regards to the TC the several times I called. It is double the price of the Euro TC 323 vs 565 but the SunCoast TC is a tank. You could get a custom TC but that would be a good deal more. Did you pay $565.00 for the SunCoast the website is 785.00 after ship. thanks for the help I going to be in Destin, FL for for Christmas 20 min from SunCoast. Maybe they work out a way to install the torque converter. I wanted before I pulled my travel trailer to Destin. But it sounds perfect. |
|
| Page 1 of 1 | All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|