LOST JEEPS
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/

Sticking rear brakes need parts
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=74493
Page 1 of 1

Author:  Srytrucker [ Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:51 am ]
Post subject:  Sticking rear brakes need parts

Hi folks i got my rotors and brake pads installed today and found out that the rear brake assembly has rotted to the point where the heat shields are rusted and deformed.Now the new rotors are rubbing against the rotten heat shields causing a racket, so i need the part numbers to order the rear brake assembly heat shields.thanks

Author:  bgcarl01 [ Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:59 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Sticking rear brakes need parts

I believe you may have to see the dealer for this part. Couldn't find one anywhere aftermarket.....

Author:  kjjet [ Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:21 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Sticking rear brakes need parts

Srytrucker wrote:
Hi folks i got my rotors and brake pads installed today and found out that the rear brake assembly has rotted to the point where the heat shields are rusted and deformed.Now the new rotors are rubbing against the rotten heat shields causing a racket, so i need the part numbers to order the rear brake assembly heat shields.thanks



Looks like there is a P/N for each side "adapter plate" Item 1. see below copy from the parts manual. I could not get the pic to copy.

1 ADAPTER, Parking Brake
52128414AB 1 Right
52128415AB 1 Left
2 05093390AA 1 SHOE AND LINING KIT, Parking
Brake
BHKP7328 Mopar Parking Brake Hardware
Kit
3 05093392AA 1 LEVER, Park Brake Adjusting
4 LEVER, Park Brake
05093334AA 1 Right
05093338AA 1 Left
5 05093393AA 1 SPRING, Park Brake Shoe Return
6 04762126 2 PIN, Brake Shoe Hold Down
7 04762125 2 CLIP, Parking Brake Hold Down
8 05093391AA 1 ADJUSTER, Parking Brake
9 04762116 1 SPRING, Park Brake Shoe Return
10 06036159AA 8 NUT, Hex, .375-24, Parking Brake
Adapter to Axle Housing, Mounting
11 04762121 1 PLUG, Brake Adjusting Hole
12 05093394AB 4 SLIPPER, Caliper
13 05093395AA 1

Author:  kjjet [ Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:28 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Sticking rear brakes need parts

The item 3 and 4 are the levers that rust and become one. That's Jeep for ya.

Good luck.

Author:  Srytrucker [ Sat Mar 16, 2013 11:01 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Sticking rear brakes need parts

Thanks it seems to be the part I need but it says it is for wrangler and my local stealer ship gave me part number 52129176ad and 52129177ad for each side at 430 plus taxes each online I found these at 240 and some are even selling at 100 .
The price variance has me worried that is it for complete assembly or just the plate as the other components are rusted out too shoes by themselves are decent but every thing else is rusted and do I need the boots too :dizzy: .Thanks

Author:  kjjet [ Sun Mar 17, 2013 12:41 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Sticking rear brakes need parts

Srytrucker wrote:
Thanks it seems to be the part I need but it says it is for wrangler and my local stealer ship gave me part number 52129176ad and 52129177ad for each side at 430 plus taxes each online I found these at 240 and some are even selling at 100 .
The price variance has me worried that is it for complete assembly or just the plate as the other components are rusted out too shoes by themselves are decent but every thing else is rusted and do I need the boots too :dizzy: .Thanks


I did look for the P/N's you got from the stealer ship in the parts manual. Nothing found. That P/N must be for everything. Item one, Adapter plate on line showes as the complete assy also. I know why your :dizzy:

I would call the stealer ship back and ask for just the adapter plate. If available????

Good luck!

Author:  racertracer [ Sun Mar 17, 2013 1:11 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Sticking rear brakes need parts

kjjet wrote:
adapter plate



I have yet to find the adaptor plate you speak of in the Manual. Not that I need it, but for my own knowledge.

Are there any pictures somewhere of it?

Author:  Srytrucker [ Sun Mar 17, 2013 1:45 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Sticking rear brakes need parts

This is the back plate i need which is rusted now i have read somewhere that torn boots cause water to get in and rust and cause sticking brakes so do i need boots for front and back and what are part numbers and how do they look any help is appreciated.


Image

Author:  racertracer [ Sun Mar 17, 2013 2:55 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Sticking rear brakes need parts

Ok, Got it, thanks.

Sand blasted and painted... cool.

Author:  Srytrucker [ Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:26 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Sticking rear brakes need parts

These are not mine this is just a picture i pulled off google and i still need to get my hands on a set of these as my new rotors and brake pads are starting to wear uneven and loss of MPG

Author:  kjjet [ Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:32 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Sticking rear brakes need parts

[quote="Srytrucker"]This is the back plate i need which is rusted now i have read somewhere that torn boots cause water to get in and rust and cause sticking brakes so do i need boots for front and back and what are part numbers and how do they look any help is appreciated.


Boot is item 13. P/N 05093395AA sorry it did not copy correctly.

Author:  Srytrucker [ Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:58 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Sticking rear brakes need parts

If the parts 52128415AB & 14ab can fit in place of 52129176 & 77Ad I can save some coin so if you can confirm the source of these parts numbers that would help a lot.Thanks

Author:  kjjet [ Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:08 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Sticking rear brakes need parts

All I can tell you is I copied directly from the 2005 Jeep parts manual. You can get a copy Here: http://colorado4wheel.com/manuals/Jeep/KJ/

Author:  Srytrucker [ Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:20 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Sticking rear brakes need parts

Thanks I didn't mean to question your suggestion but was just looking to get confirmation so that I can save some coin and strange thing is d parts fishe for 2006 lists the part numbers that stealer qouted me. Anyways it is confirmed that these two are interchangeable so I will opt for the inexpensive option and save some bucks :pepper: Thanks

Author:  dirtmover [ Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:43 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Sticking rear brakes need parts

Does anyone have first hand experience of what you're actually getting with this part code. I originally thought that the price was extortionate for this flimsy plate but looking around I'm beginning to wonder if it's not already loaded with the other parts, shoes, springs, clips, adjuster, actuator, boot etc. which would make the price a lot more realistic.

http://www.moparpartsoverstock.com/p/__ ... 414AC.html

Author:  kjjet [ Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:40 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Sticking rear brakes need parts

I never ordered the ASSY, but it sure dose look like it has everything. There is a Right & left.

I would call the stealership and ask them what is all included. Then tell them the on line price and they may match it, mine comes close. No shiping charge.

Good luck

Author:  dirtmover [ Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:07 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Sticking rear brakes need parts

kjjet wrote:
I would call the stealership and ask them what is all included. Then tell them the on line price and they may match it, mine comes close. No shiping charge.


I've tried this approach before and the response was :ROTFL:. They pointed out that they were being gouged by Chrysler Canada and they are just passing this on to the customer. He said that the online prices are less than what the dealers pay here :( .

Author:  Srytrucker [ Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:28 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Sticking rear brakes need parts

If a stealer ship matches the online price that is a first, over here it is considered blasphemy to even bring up the idea.Part numbers 52129177 AD & 76 for 220 or so,includes all parts,I do not know about the part numbers ending with 14 and 15, anyways even if they are the plates by itself I will buy the brake shoes separate for 27 bucks including shipping on ebay and generic rebuild kit for 20 bucks will have all the little parts for the rebuild.
We do need more info on these and online sellers with rock bottom prices have no info or phone number listed and couple of them are stealer ships having sudo persona online but are not willing to help as they say "for online price go on line and order".
Thanks.

Author:  dirtmover [ Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:52 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Sticking rear brakes need parts

I did my shoes and other hardware about a month ago but noted that the backing plates had partially come away. The genius at Chrysler that decided to use aluminium rivets to attach it must have been sick the day they covered galvanic corrosion in high school chemistry. I put it back together as is because it was too cold to start messing around pulling the axles.

Anyway I plan to get back in there to try and salvage them, sandblast and POR-15, but if not this is the best price I've found so far:

http://mopar.factorymoparparts.com/ at $108.10 + $104.02 with $26 shipping though I've yet to establish the shipping method.

BTW, 52129176AD and 52129177AD are for the 2007 gasser. We need 52128414AB and 52128415AB.

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/