It is currently Thu Oct 08, 2026 7:54 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: doorman actuator replacement
PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:53 am 
Offline
LOST Newbie

Joined: Fri Mar 22, 2013 5:19 am
Posts: 8
I replaced the actuator in my crd because it was stalling out. It works but now the cruise control and horn don't work. As well it only runs using the key I used on installation. the jeep stalls when I use the spare key. Any thoughts or suggestions for what to do next? Thank you. Doug


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: doorman actuator replacement
PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 12:18 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Joined: Sun Mar 28, 2010 9:15 am
Posts: 5431
Location: Tallahassee, Florida
Not sure I can directly help much but I can offer some ideas for thought. First off is the Dorman # 924704 the part you used and did you replace it this way https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W5m31g0 ... plpp_video ?

I suspect you adversely impacted some wiring but I have no clue how:
1. check fuse #1 and see if it's blown which would kill the horn. Open driver's door, pop panel on side of dash, pull fuse and check for continuity between terminals (don't rely on visual check as they can blow with no visual sign).
2. also check fuses #6 and 13
3. cruise is electronically controlled I think via the ECU but nothing you did replacing the actuator should have messed with ECU programming.
4. does it run for like 2-3 seconds and then shut down with that other key. If so it sounds like the system has "forgotten" what keys are valid but like with #3 above I don't see how that could happen replacing an actuator. If you have 2 keys it will run with see the owner's manual on how to program/reprogram a 3rd key. I'm assuming of course that it previously ran with that problem key, I mention this because there are keys that lack a "chip" which will unlock the door and crank the car but it won't run more than 2-3 seconds.

_________________
Sold to LOST member my 05 Ltd, GDE Stg II turbo + TCM tune, SunCoast TC w. Transgo kit, Steiger window regulators, Samcos, Fumoto valve, 2nd gen filter head with Lub. Spec. bleeder, Hayden clutch & 11 blade fan, inverted spare, P-1 battery, BF Goodrich Long Trail TAs, Etecno1 glow plugs, timing belt at 50K miles/8 yrs


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group. Color scheme by ColorizeIt!
Logo by pixeldecals.com