| LOST JEEPS http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/ |
|
| TSB's 18-009-06 & 21-016-05 Got an appointment :) http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=7911 |
Page 1 of 1 |
| Author: | tomasnc [ Mon Apr 24, 2006 11:24 am ] |
| Post subject: | TSB's 18-009-06 & 21-016-05 Got an appointment :) |
I stopped by the dealer this morning and showed them the print-out that Old Navy did on TSB 21-016-05. I explained that I had complained about the hesitation in reverse to the head service writer to no evail {sic}.He said the TQ had to "fill-up" after sitting overnight. She looked at me like she did understand English. "What is a CRD" she said... Upon showing her the TSB numbers and showing that my transmission falls in the category of needing a new filter change she said she'd take care of my problem. Nice I thought. She found 10 TSB's that apply to my CRD. She went onto to explain the difference between a TSB and Recall. TSB's are to help the tech in locating a problem..... to paraphrase the chic.....the dealer or tech decides if they'll fix it or not! The Recall gets fixed regardless. She said they want me happy so the filter is in stock and the fix is scheduled for this coming Wednesday. I explained about the shudder and she typed that into the work-order too. She said that doing these two TSB will have me up to date with all fixes? Thanks for allowing me to rant! Tom |
|
| Author: | Endurance [ Mon Apr 24, 2006 11:49 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
If she would have told me "What is a CRD?" I would have turned around and left without even saying a word. What a bunch of idiots! |
|
| Author: | tomasnc [ Mon Apr 24, 2006 11:59 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
Endurance, The CRD thing got me too. This dealer has sold 6 or 7 CRD's so I'm not surprised. The whole concept of service writers is a puzzle to me. The girl was helpful.... more so than her boss. Bottom line is that this forum helps so many of us If it were not for L.O.S.T. I'd be SOL period! I am hoping the tech will look after me. I have 13,000 miles on the car and the 21-016-05 TSB was issued back in September '05. I have had to deal with the delayed engagement for way too long. TP |
|
| Author: | 0311_DoC [ Mon Apr 24, 2006 12:05 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: TSB's 18-009-06 & 21-016-05 Got an appointment :) |
tomasnc wrote: I stopped by the dealer this morning and showed them the print-out that Old Navy did on TSB 21-016-05. I explained that I had complained about the hesitation in reverse to the head service writer to no evail {sic}.He said the TQ had to "fill-up" after sitting overnight. She looked at me like she did understand English. "What is a CRD" she said...
Upon showing her the TSB numbers and showing that my transmission falls in the category of needing a new filter change she said she'd take care of my problem. Nice I thought. She found 10 TSB's that apply to my CRD. She went onto to explain the difference between a TSB and Recall. TSB's are to help the tech in locating a problem..... to paraphrase the chic.....the dealer or tech decides if they'll fix it or not! The Recall gets fixed regardless. She said they want me happy so the filter is in stock and the fix is scheduled for this coming Wednesday. I explained about the shudder and she typed that into the work-order too. She said that doing these two TSB will have me up to date with all fixes? Thanks for allowing me to rant! Tom What other TSB's did the SW tell you about? |
|
| Author: | oldnavy [ Mon Apr 24, 2006 12:06 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
tomasnc wrote: Endurance, Hopefullu you always let the CRD idle for about a minute before putting it into gear, if so you probably avoided any damage to tranny. It's the jump in it and drive offs that will kill the tranny with this problem of fluid draining out of TC over night or after prolonged parking such as 8 hrs of work day.
The CRD thing got me too. This dealer has sold 6 or 7 CRD's so I'm not surprised. The whole concept of service writers is a puzzle to me. The girl was helpful.... more so than her boss. Bottom line is that this forum helps so many of us If it were not for L.O.S.T. I'd be SOL period! I am hoping the tech will look after me. I have 13,000 miles on the car and the 21-016-05 TSB was issued back in September '05. I have had to deal with the delayed engagement for way too long. TP |
|
| Author: | DZL_LOU [ Mon Apr 24, 2006 12:17 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
tomasnc wrote: Endurance,
The CRD thing got me too. This dealer has sold 6 or 7 CRD's so I'm not surprised. The whole concept of service writers is a puzzle to me. The girl was helpful.... more so than her boss. TP I know I'm preaching to the choir, but the service writer is just another overhead layer for the dealership whose only function is to deal with irate customers. The dealership tries to find the most congenial person that listens, writes down issues and empathizes with the customer for the least payroll cost possible. Doesn't matter if it's male or female. At the very least they should be able to know the product line buzzwords: HEMI, CRD, CUMMINS. Last oil change I personally witnessed the tech complete on my CRD was done properly but charged by the service writer at the "3.7L gasser" rate for material and work. I figured it's my gain if they can't properly train their service writers! |
|
| Author: | oz_crd [ Mon Apr 24, 2006 1:27 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
I finally learned not to refer to my Jeep as a CRD, it seems to confuse the service writer. Ever since the time i was told "Sir, we don't service Hondas" i have referred to it as the Liberty Diesel. I managed not to respond "If I owned a CRV, why would i be staying on hold for the Jeep service department?" |
|
| Author: | tomasnc [ Mon Apr 24, 2006 1:30 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
I was tempted to ask for a copy of the TSB's she printed out for the tech. I will ask to tech for them Wednesday. Ginny, the service writer said there were 10 TSB's that applied to the CRD. Those were her words verbatim. Maybe she'll be kind enough the list these for me? Isn't there a site that publishes these TSB's? Or rather one the general public can view? Thanks, TP |
|
| Author: | oldnavy [ Mon Apr 24, 2006 2:21 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
tomasnc wrote: I was tempted to ask for a copy of the TSB's she printed out for the tech. That sounds about right, but they don't necessary all apply to your vehicle. They either apply from build dates or you have had a problem described in TSB. Some have had problem with MAF and others haven't, so only the failed MAF that causes a code will be repaired. I hope I am clearer then mud here.
I will ask to tech for them Wednesday. Ginny, the service writer said there were 10 TSB's that applied to the CRD. Those were her words verbatim. Maybe she'll be kind enough the list these for me? Isn't there a site that publishes these TSB's? Or rather one the general public can view? Thanks, TP |
|
| Author: | Guest [ Mon Apr 24, 2006 3:04 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
Better have them switch TSB 21-016-05 to TSB 21-007-06 as I just found this: http://www.alldata.com/tsb/Chrysler/114 ... index.html Now it has a specific note that requires both the transmission oil return filter AND transmission sump filter to be replaced - and stresses that one should not be replaced without the other. Man, I'm getting tired of this. I just spent months trying to get, and finally getting TSB 21-016-05 done - and now it's no good. WTF??? |
|
| Author: | oldnavy [ Mon Apr 24, 2006 3:16 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
alljeep wrote: Better have them switch TSB 21-016-05 to TSB 21-007-06 as I just found this: The TSB 21-009-06 is for trannys that were damaged by wrong filter and repaired too late to prevent damage to tranny. If the tranny filter replacement was done soon enough without being driven before the fluid got pumped up to TC then you will most likely never have the conditions called for here for having this TSB done. The problenm was many trannys were driven too long for the filter replacement to help and the TQ started shread chuncks into the tranny fluid sysytem and of course making thing worse.
http://www.alldata.com/tsb/Chrysler/114 ... index.html Now it has a specific note that requires both the transmission oil return filter AND transmission sump filter to be replaced - and stresses that one should not be replaced without the other. Man, I'm getting tired of this. I just spent months trying to get, and finally getting TSB 21-016-05 done - and now it's no good. WTF??? If you have had the tranny filter replaced as I stated early or always gave it time to pump up fluid before putting it into gear befor having the filter replaced reguardless of miles driven then you most likely will never need the new TSB for new TQ, cooler, pump and such. |
|
| Author: | Guest [ Mon Apr 24, 2006 3:21 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
This is yet another new TSB - only refers to replacing BOTH transmission filters instead of just the oil return filter. Hopefully you saw this and I'm just being over cautious as I like your input on this if it's a new one - different from the torque converter replacement one... Thanks. update - I started a new topic for this -does appear as an all new update to an old TSB. This is 21-007-06, not 21-009-06. Man all these numbers. I've had an entire 10 cup pot of joe today and I'm still getting over powered by numbers |
|
| Author: | oldnavy [ Mon Apr 24, 2006 4:00 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
alljeep wrote: This is yet another new TSB - only refers to replacing BOTH transmission filters instead of just the oil return filter. Hopefully you saw this and I'm just being over cautious as I like your input on this if it's a new one - different from the torque converter replacement one... Thanks. The second filter could have been clogged by crap off the torque converter and should have also been replaced. They replaced both of mine when it was done, it was SW idea if I remember correctly.
update - I started a new topic for this -does appear as an all new update to an old TSB. This is 21-007-06, not 21-009-06. Man all these numbers. I've had an entire 10 cup pot of joe today and I'm still getting over powered by numbers |
|
| Author: | tomasnc [ Mon Apr 24, 2006 4:33 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
Quote: The TSB 21-009-06 is for trannys that were damaged by wrong filter and repaired too late to prevent damage to tranny. If the tranny filter replacement was done soon enough without being driven before the fluid got pumped up to TC then you will most likely never have the conditions called for here for having this TSB done. The problenm was many trannys were driven too long for the filter replacement to help and the TQ started shread chuncks into the tranny fluid sysytem and of course making thing worse.
Old Navy brings up another topic worth mentioning. I have driven 10,000 miles since the crap with the delay started and was told by the service manager that the hesitation was "normal and Chryslers do that" I think I'll hang around and watch the tech drop the oil pan. On the other hand I'd like to think that I would have had a failed transmission by now It appears that there have been multiple goof ups performed on the 45RFE and 545RFE |
|
| Author: | Endurance [ Mon Apr 24, 2006 11:44 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
oz_crd wrote: I finally learned not to refer to my Jeep as a CRD, it seems to confuse the service writer. Ever since the time i was told "Sir, we don't service Hondas" i have referred to it as the Liberty Diesel. I managed not to respond "If I owned a CRV, why would i be staying on hold for the Jeep service department?"
OMG that just made me laugh out loud! |
|
| Author: | retmil46 [ Tue Apr 25, 2006 12:22 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
They still got the amount of tranny fluid required for a filter chageout wrong. 4 quarts my a##, try 8 to 9 quarts. Took 9 quarts on mine when I had a local tranny shop do the TSB. And the guy that did mine was smart enough to change out BOTH filters when he did it. Man knew his trade and didn't need a TSB to tell him how to service a tranny. |
|
| Author: | tomasnc [ Thu Apr 27, 2006 5:54 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
Well, I picked the car yesterday and I can notice a difference in the shift pattern. The tech performed the TSB 21-007-06 in place of 21-006-06. I asked if this was his first and he said that he'd done the on other DC auto. He said the pan was clean and oil too. I tried to get the shudder to occur but it did not. I have road trip planned this weekend so I'll put her to the test. |
|
| Author: | kjfishman [ Thu Apr 27, 2006 7:20 am ] |
| Post subject: | the run around |
I got them to flash mine but even though my transbuild date is in the specified window they wont do the transmission service bulliten unless I leave it with them for 2 days for them to verify the problem. |
|
| Author: | oldnavy [ Thu Apr 27, 2006 7:44 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: the run around |
kjfishman wrote: I got them to flash mine but even though my transbuild date is in the specified window they wont do the transmission service bulliten unless I leave it with them for 2 days for them to verify the problem. Would you like my local dealer's number and who to talk to? Wentzville ain't that far and they are open all day Saturday. PM or email me if so.
|
|
| Page 1 of 1 | All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|