| LOST JEEPS http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/ |
|
| Intercooler and exhaust. http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=79154 |
Page 1 of 1 |
| Author: | Dougbob [ Wed May 21, 2014 6:32 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Intercooler and exhaust. |
Does anyone make an aftermarket intercooler for our liberty CRD's? Also, does anyone make an aftermarket bolt on high flow exhaust? Just about to start a big project and I'm trying to do everything I can while the motors out. |
|
| Author: | diesel_guy86 [ Wed May 21, 2014 7:40 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Intercooler and exhaust. |
Nope, I'm going to have a 3" exhaust made for mine. And I'm hoping the plastic intercooler end tanks take 30 psi of boost. Are you looking for a bigger intercooler? |
|
| Author: | LS12FAST4U [ Wed May 21, 2014 7:42 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Intercooler and exhaust. |
No and no. Exhaust shop can custom make you a nice exhaust. Most recommend 2 1/2 inch I've been thinking about trying out a 3 inch straight pipe but I have not done it. Also most people are going to tell you to do a Google search because most of this has been said a time or two already. Welcome to the site. |
|
| Author: | Dougbob [ Wed May 21, 2014 7:49 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Intercooler and exhaust. |
I've been looking for a while now, and haven't seen any. Just figured I'd ask point blank. I would like a slightly bigger intercooler, and one that is all aluminum. |
|
| Author: | jws84_02 [ Wed May 21, 2014 8:25 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Intercooler and exhaust. |
No aftermarket intercooler. What I did for my exhaust was cut it off right before the choke point knocked all the baffling out of the catilyc converter, bought a straight flow muffler and welded it all back together. |
|
| Author: | WWDiesel [ Wed May 21, 2014 9:04 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Intercooler and exhaust. |
I simply removed the cat along with the choke point and ran 2.5 inch pipe to a new Flowmaster muffler. Used the OEM pipe from the new muffler back to the rear adding a 3 inch chrome extension tip to get it all out from under the bumper. Less than $100 for the whole setup and it really seems to help the performance along with the fact it sounds great!!! WW
|
|
| Author: | dieselguy [ Fri May 23, 2014 2:51 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Intercooler and exhaust. |
I did same as wwdiesel,, remove catalyst and big bulky stock muffler and put you a good open flow muffler such as flowmaster back in place. 2.5" is plenty sufficient for this lil engine, if you were running twin turbos pulling a sled every weekend it would be a different story, save your money and put it in a good program. now if your young and like noise let it blow straight, but the older I get the more I like piece and quiet so the flowmaster will let it breath and give it a nice mellow tone. |
|
| Author: | bshooter [ Mon Jun 09, 2014 11:43 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Intercooler and exhaust. |
I just installed this Intercooler I bought from ebay. Its the same cooler BDS used on their CRD. Im not done wiring the new fan but will be soon. this is what I got. You can also see more in the SFA section in Surplus Dana 30. Im running a 2.5 exhaust with a Cherry Bomb.. Works great. [url][URL=http://s886.photobucket.com/user/bshooterr/media/DSCN0159_zps9abd9a74.jpg.html] [/url]/url][url][URL=http://s886.photobucket.com/user/bshooterr/media/DSCN0163_zps3124ef9c.jpg.html] [/url]/url][url][URL=http://s886.photobucket.com/user/bshooterr/media/DSCN0175_zps3a645837.jpg.html] [/url]/url][url][/url]
|
|
| Author: | devilkin4 [ Tue Jun 10, 2014 1:03 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Intercooler and exhaust. |
i was thinking about using a starion/conquest intercooler i remeber when i had one the OE intercooler was a upgrade for most turbo rides |
|
| Author: | mass-hole [ Thu Jun 12, 2014 2:15 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Intercooler and exhaust. |
The reason why people recommend a 2.5" exhaust pipe is that it has more than enough capacity for a 2.8L that only spins to 4000rpm. It just doesnt move enough volume to require more than that. |
|
| Author: | Brandonm55 [ Sun Aug 30, 2015 9:25 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Intercooler and exhaust. |
bshooter wrote: I just installed this Intercooler I bought from ebay. Its the same cooler BDS used on their CRD. Im not done wiring the new fan but will be soon. this is what I got. You can also see more in the SFA section in Surplus Dana 30. Im running a 2.5 exhaust with a Cherry Bomb.. Works great. [url][URL=http://s886.photobucket.com/user/bshooterr/media/DSCN0159_zps9abd9a74.jpg.html] [/url]/url][url][URL=http://s886.photobucket.com/user/bshooterr/media/DSCN0163_zps3124ef9c.jpg.html] [/url]/url][url][URL=http://s886.photobucket.com/user/bshooterr/media/DSCN0175_zps3a645837.jpg.html] [/url]/url][url][/url]Looking to do the same thing to mine, been searching and searching, please tell me which intercooler it is and how you did that |
|
| Author: | Dougbob [ Sun Aug 30, 2015 10:56 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Intercooler and exhaust. |
So here is what I've come up with... The intercooler is an ebay special, and I custom made the brackets to hold it in place.... I also installed a dieselsite wickedwheel2, and a MBRP catback exhaust..... I hope to finally have it up and running in the next week or two... ![]()
|
|
| Author: | Brandonm55 [ Mon Aug 31, 2015 11:19 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Intercooler and exhaust. |
You had to pull the AC fan off though? I'd like to keep that on. That's my problem. And also mounting the stock rad back into place |
|
| Author: | Brandonm55 [ Mon Aug 31, 2015 11:23 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Intercooler and exhaust. |
Was planning on doing a separate trans cooler as well, If you cut that hood latch bracket off and also the plastic supports there I believe it could all fit |
|
| Author: | Dougbob [ Mon Aug 31, 2015 10:47 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Intercooler and exhaust. |
So I did get rid of the AC condenser fan, and I am running an electric fan rather than the mechanical... I'm also running a fan switch that has 2 on switches One for when the radiator needs the fan, and one for when the AC system needs the fan.. I don't know how well it will work yet, but all you can do is try.... Currently I am trying a 02 liberty gasser fan. It needed very little modification to mount to the radiator. |
|
| Author: | thermorex [ Tue Sep 01, 2015 3:49 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Intercooler and exhaust. |
Best thing for whoever is in the mods, is to make a custom intercooler that closely replicates the crd stock shape and attachments, which imo the stock intercooler is a decent size for the engine, but this will be very expensive. And yes, eliminating the stock latch and maybe going with a wrangler style hood lock will make tons of space in front of radiators, allowing bigger transmission cooler and bigger pusher fan. The ff dynamics fan the modified crd in the pics has is a decent e-fan replacement, I have it and really like it. This e-fan and the turbo diesel freak new thermostat, with a probe in, plus a variable speed controller may be one of the best choices in replacing the stock viscous fan. |
|
| Page 1 of 1 | All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|