It is currently Fri Oct 09, 2026 7:10 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Getting the exhaust off.......
PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 12:27 am 
Offline
LOST Newbie

Joined: Fri Mar 03, 2006 6:24 pm
Posts: 25
Location: Mississippi
I was looking at my exhaust and noticed that the rear pipe is welded to the muffler. I'm afraid that if I buy the Dynomax exhaust that I cannot get the old one off. I only have a floor jack. Has anyone got some information on the subject. I suppose I may could get it off if I hacksawed the old pipe at the muffler, but I was in hopes of not having to do that.

_________________
Have an '06 Liberty 2.8 liter CRD with Sirius radio. Visit my webpage at: http://www.angelfire.com/moon2/kenny_brett


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 7:16 pm 
Offline
LOST Member

Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2005 6:19 pm
Posts: 168
Location: Telford, Pa.
Take a look at this, I hackesaw right at the muffler to keep as much of the OEM pipe as possible. The front had 2-3" of pipe to work with. The back had only a 1/2" of pipe the work with. The rear pipe is removed by popping of the rubber hanger above the axle, then push the pipe foward the get it of the rear hanger.


Image

_________________
[iurl]http://home.comcast.net/~n3qik/Site/Welcome.html[/url]


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 8:13 am 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Joined: Thu Nov 17, 2005 9:06 pm
Posts: 72
Location: Norfolk,Va. OceanView
I changed the exhaust on my 05 and it wasn't to hard. Spray a little WD40 on the rubber hangers to help slide out the hanger. Then I jacked up the rear-end to give clearance around the axle, disconnected the pipe from the cat then wiggled it out in one piece. The only cutting I had to do was shorten the tail pipe so it wasn't sticking out so far. I used a Saws-all(reciprocating saw) with a metal cutting blade on it. Make sure you use jack stands under the vehicle don't just rely on the floor jack.

_________________
Frankenlift,Gibson Performance Exhaust
K&N drop-in filter


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Majestic-12 [Bot] and 9 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group. Color scheme by ColorizeIt!
Logo by pixeldecals.com