| LOST JEEPS http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/ |
|
| Biggest Tires that can fit on a CRD? http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=8016 |
Page 1 of 1 |
| Author: | longarm [ Fri Apr 28, 2006 6:11 am ] |
| Post subject: | Biggest Tires that can fit on a CRD? |
.......... |
|
| Author: | Guest [ Fri Apr 28, 2006 8:35 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Biggest Tires that can fit on a CRD? |
longarm wrote: I currently have 255/70/16 on my 05 CRD that is lifted 2.5 inches with a Daystar Spacer Lift. I would like to eventually fit 33's under it if I can. I do remember when I purchased the tires, they rolled the 265/75/16 tire next to what I have now and there was a very noticable difference. I trimmed the front grey underskirting just infront of the front tires with a dremmel. I really want bigger tires for a more beefy look and to play with. Would beating back the pinch weld be enough? Would I have to just drop the wheel well liners? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Does anyone have pics of their CRD with 265/70/16 or bigger tires that they can post in here?
Check this out: http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/vie ... php?t=7385 If we put wheel spacers on, the 265/75R16 should be possible. The pinch weld would have to be beat down, and maybe more trimming of the grey under skirting. |
|
| Author: | LibertyCRD [ Fri Apr 28, 2006 8:42 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
I had 265/75-16 on my Ranger FX4 a couple years ago. Those are almost 32" tall tires. It's basically the equivalent of a 32x10.50 tire. No matter what you do, those will be VERY tight on the Jeep KJ. Off road you will rub like crazy. As you can imagine...there is no way to fit 33s without a bigger lift than is currently available in the aftermarket. |
|
| Page 1 of 1 | All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|