LOST JEEPS
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/

New owner as of today
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=8045
Page 1 of 1

Author:  usmcdoc14 [ Sat Apr 29, 2006 10:05 pm ]
Post subject:  New owner as of today

I just picked up a new CRD and will proceed to pick the brains of the other owners on this board :D

I got linked this forum from www.pirate4x4.com and the tech and intelligence level here is so much higher than the "other" jeep KJ forums so i decided to become a member.

Now I just have to resist modifying it and slapping a solid axle under the front until the drivetrain warranty is done :lol:

Author:  oldnavy [ Sat Apr 29, 2006 11:01 pm ]
Post subject: 

Be careful picking my brain as I don't have much left to pick at my age. :roll: Mod's to do first is the tranny skid plate if yours didn't come with one, all you have to do is look under truck and see why if you don' thave skid package. Engine oil filter hanges out in the wind and tranny skid protects the oil filter, the FUMOTO oil drain valve and adaptor from Greg at Lubiraction Specialist to start with. Also check tranny for build date and TSB for filter replacement.

Author:  usmcdoc14 [ Sun Apr 30, 2006 11:56 am ]
Post subject: 

oldnavy wrote:
Be careful picking my brain as I don't have much left to pick at my age. :roll: Mod's to do first is the tranny skid plate if yours didn't come with one, all you have to do is look under truck and see why if you don' thave skid package. Engine oil filter hanges out in the wind and tranny skid protects the oil filter, the FUMOTO oil drain valve and adaptor from Greg at Lubiraction Specialist to start with. Also check tranny for build date and TSB for filter replacement.


one of my bargaining tools for a better price was this did not have the skid package. I saw how open stuff is under there :shock:

I have a buddy who works for DC parts dept so either I will get a killer deal on a factory piece or I will whip out the press brake and the 3/16 steel plate :twisted: Gas tank skid is of next importance.

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/