LOST JEEPS
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/

150,000 mile update
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=81593
Page 1 of 1

Author:  ChooChooman74 [ Mon Mar 16, 2015 5:02 pm ]
Post subject:  150,000 mile update

Hey Folks,
Long time no see! Figure I would stop by and give you a 150K update. She has been running good, but not without issues. Seems to be a little electrical gremlin in her. Slushy weather presents all different trouble codes, and then they disappear within a few days. Some of the troubles include ABS, Throttle, Air Bag (AB Light on). As said, it only happens when cold and slushy. But, what is more strange, my trouble code for bad #3 glow plug has disappeared. I hate electrical gremlins, and I hope that I can figure out.

Speaking of glowplugs, what a difference 2 years made. When I first installed the 5v GPs, it had very little problems starting in cold weather. (https://youtu.be/ShYDU0W1UR8). Fast forward 2 years, and here is my 3rd place winning entry for the IDParts Contest (https://youtu.be/cjpH3_6g4YY).

My race fan mod is not going 100% to plan. The fan is heavy, and with the resistance of pulling so much air, it is having a toll on the belt. I think I am going to be switching it out to an aluminum flex fan. I am having slipping issues in wet weather. I am going to have to change the belt out this spring, as I don't like how the belt is looking.

With my towing cooling issues almost complete (going to install hood louvers this spring), I think I am going to get with Keith and upgrade to the hot tune. The little bit of extra torque and power should help while towing.

Just had to order a new front driveshaft. I have been having a slight vibration while in 4X4 FT at speed. Well, it sounds like the CV let go. With time being key, I just ordered a remanufactured shaft from Parts Geek. 1 year warranty, and both ends are rebuilt.

Also, my EBC green stuff pads are already getting thin after 1 year of heavy driving and towing. They stop like a son of a gun, but you have to give up brake life for good performance. Oh well, as long as I am towing with the libby, I will keep the good brakes on.

Hope all is well. I will try and check back for comments/questions.
Matt aka CHOOCHOO!

Author:  mass-hole [ Tue Mar 17, 2015 9:46 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: 150,000 mile update

ChooChooman74 wrote:
Hey Folks,
Long time no see! Figure I would stop by and give you a 150K update. She has been running good, but not without issues. Seems to be a little electrical gremlin in her. Slushy weather presents all different trouble codes, and then they disappear within a few days. Some of the troubles include ABS, Throttle, Air Bag (AB Light on). As said, it only happens when cold and slushy. But, what is more strange, my trouble code for bad #3 glow plug has disappeared. I hate electrical gremlins, and I hope that I can figure out.

Speaking of glowplugs, what a difference 2 years made. When I first installed the 5v GPs, it had very little problems starting in cold weather. (https://youtu.be/ShYDU0W1UR8). Fast forward 2 years, and here is my 3rd place winning entry for the IDParts Contest (https://youtu.be/cjpH3_6g4YY).

My race fan mod is not going 100% to plan. The fan is heavy, and with the resistance of pulling so much air, it is having a toll on the belt. I think I am going to be switching it out to an aluminum flex fan. I am having slipping issues in wet weather. I am going to have to change the belt out this spring, as I don't like how the belt is looking.

With my towing cooling issues almost complete (going to install hood louvers this spring), I think I am going to get with Keith and upgrade to the hot tune. The little bit of extra torque and power should help while towing.

Just had to order a new front driveshaft. I have been having a slight vibration while in 4X4 FT at speed. Well, it sounds like the CV let go. With time being key, I just ordered a remanufactured shaft from Parts Geek. 1 year warranty, and both ends are rebuilt.

Also, my EBC green stuff pads are already getting thin after 1 year of heavy driving and towing. They stop like a son of a gun, but you have to give up brake life for good performance. Oh well, as long as I am towing with the libby, I will keep the good brakes on.

Hope all is well. I will try and check back for comments/questions.
Matt aka CHOOCHOO!


Just an FYI, I went straight to the GDE hot and have an otherwise stock drivetrain. At first I had zero issues with the torque converter but it is now starting to show signs of shudder so its certainly something to be aware of, especially with the miles. I am only at 70k now and have had the tune for a year or so. I plan on going to the RAM TC that people have mentioned around here. It first popped up merging onto the highway with a lightly loaded 12 ft atv trailer(might have even been empty). it locked in 5th under heavy throttle, as it likes to do, and started shaking.

Author:  ChooChooman74 [ Wed Mar 18, 2015 5:59 am ]
Post subject:  Re: 150,000 mile update

mass-hole wrote:
Just an FYI, I went straight to the GDE hot and have an otherwise stock drivetrain. At first I had zero issues with the torque converter but it is now starting to show signs of shudder so its certainly something to be aware of, especially with the miles. I am only at 70k now and have had the tune for a year or so. I plan on going to the RAM TC that people have mentioned around here. It first popped up merging onto the highway with a lightly loaded 12 ft atv trailer(might have even been empty). it locked in 5th under heavy throttle, as it likes to do, and started shaking.

Thanks fpr the remimder. Gotta add "Suncoast TC" to the signature. Been installed just about 1 year.

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/