| LOST JEEPS http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/ |
|
| AC and heater at the same time??? http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=81604 |
Page 1 of 1 |
| Author: | MM53 [ Tue Mar 17, 2015 6:36 pm ] |
| Post subject: | AC and heater at the same time??? |
Looking at some old posts came across where if you have the heater on the defrost mode or your feet or a combination of both the air conditioner comes on even when the dial set to hot and the AC buttons off so this morning I went out and checked my liberty and it does turn the heater on defroster or your feet and the AC compressor kicks on why does this happen there must be some reason but I sure can't figure it out plan on doing the modification to correct this in the spring before it starts getting cold again unless someone can give me a good reason why I shouldn't |
|
| Author: | Mountainman [ Tue Mar 17, 2015 6:43 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: AC and heater at the same time??? |
It dehumidifies the air making your defrost setting more effective at defogging the windows. I've removed AC in several rigs, and my window is a bit tougher to defog, but I've eliminated several points of failure, and parts I never have to maintain, remove, purchase etc. |
|
| Author: | weeks101 [ Tue Mar 17, 2015 7:31 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: AC and heater at the same time??? |
You can disable auto-A/C on floor level positions by doing this (non-destructive method). For a happy compressor, be sure to periodically use your A/C, even in the winter. ![]() I went a step further to create a fresh-air vent mode for fan level 1 (sacrificing fan level 4).
|
|
| Author: | MM53 [ Tue Mar 17, 2015 7:36 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: AC and heater at the same time??? |
would u recommend disabling it |
|
| Author: | weeks101 [ Tue Mar 17, 2015 7:40 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: AC and heater at the same time??? |
I did it because I prefer manual control of A/C. Sometimes I want it on windshield/feet when it's not raining, for example. |
|
| Page 1 of 1 | All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|