It is currently Wed Oct 07, 2026 12:44 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Drivers side high beam out
PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2016 4:22 pm 
Offline
LOST Newbie

Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2016 2:54 pm
Posts: 27
So I've checked everything and narrowed my drivers side high beam outage to the power wire. I have 12v backprobed when no build is in. Put a bulb in and it goes to zero. I need to probe the power wire back but could use a full wiring schematic. Does anyone have one ?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Drivers side high beam out
PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2016 9:06 pm 
Offline
Moderator
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 24, 2013 11:36 pm
Posts: 7455
Location: Central GA
CRD-DAN wrote:
So I've checked everything and narrowed my drivers side high beam outage to the power wire. I have 12v backprobed when no build is in. Put a bulb in and it goes to zero. I need to probe the power wire back but could use a full wiring schematic. Does anyone have one ?


Index of /manuals/Jeep/KJ
You can download them here:>http://colorado4wheel.com/manuals/Jeep/KJ/
Look at section 8W for wiring diagrams! :wink:

_________________
Supporting Vendor and Moderator of LOST
05 Jeep Liberty CRD Limited :JEEPIN:
Ironman Springs/Bilstein/Shocks
Yeti StgIV Hot Tune
Week's BatteryTray
No FCV/EGR
Samcos/ProVent
SunCoast/Transgo
Carter Intank-pmp
2mic.Sec.Fuel Filter
Flowmaster/NO CAT
V6Airbox/noVH
GM11 Bld.fan/HDClutch
IronrockArms/wwdieselMount

98 Dodge Cummins 24 Valve


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Drivers side high beam out
PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2016 9:55 pm 
Offline
LOST Newbie

Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2016 2:54 pm
Posts: 27
Image

The problem was in the connector in the photo. No damaged wiring at all, even though it was plugged all the way in when I squeezed it together the headlights worked like normal.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Drivers side high beam out
PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 11:53 am 
Offline
Moderator
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 24, 2013 11:36 pm
Posts: 7455
Location: Central GA
CRD-DAN wrote:
Image

The problem was in the connector in the photo. No damaged wiring at all, even though it was plugged all the way in when I squeezed it together the headlights worked like normal.

Great! :idea: I would take the connector apart and clean all the contact surfaces good with some contact cleaner and then put some dielectric grease on the contacts and put it all back together....to prevent future problems :wink:

_________________
Supporting Vendor and Moderator of LOST
05 Jeep Liberty CRD Limited :JEEPIN:
Ironman Springs/Bilstein/Shocks
Yeti StgIV Hot Tune
Week's BatteryTray
No FCV/EGR
Samcos/ProVent
SunCoast/Transgo
Carter Intank-pmp
2mic.Sec.Fuel Filter
Flowmaster/NO CAT
V6Airbox/noVH
GM11 Bld.fan/HDClutch
IronrockArms/wwdieselMount

98 Dodge Cummins 24 Valve


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Majestic-12 [Bot] and 9 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group. Color scheme by ColorizeIt!
Logo by pixeldecals.com