It is currently Fri Oct 09, 2026 10:01 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: What is this line under the a/c compressor?
PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 1:32 pm 
Offline
LOST Member

Joined: Sun Dec 12, 2010 5:49 pm
Posts: 216
I am doing an engine swap on one of my CRD's (225k miles and dropped a valve). I have the engine out and stripping off accessories to put on the replacement. What is the silver line with the green banjo nut in the picture below:
Image

I've posted this before, but here is a picture of what happens when a valve is dropped:

Image

Image

_________________
My collection of CRD's:
2005 Deep Beryl Green Pearlcoat
2006 Light Khaki Metallic Clearcoat
2006 Inferno Red Crystal Pearlcoat
2006 Midnight Blue Pearlcoat
2006 Gold Limited
2015 Black Ecodiesel
2015 Black Ecodiesel 2


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What is this line under the a/c compressor?
PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 1:50 pm 
Offline
LOST Addict

Joined: Fri Jun 22, 2007 11:43 am
Posts: 4962
Location: Green Cove Springs FL
Looks like the line from the vacuum pump.

_________________
U.S. Army Retired


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What is this line under the a/c compressor?
PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 1:57 pm 
Offline
Moderator
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 24, 2013 11:36 pm
Posts: 7455
Location: Central GA
flash7210 wrote:
Looks like the line from the vacuum pump.

I agree, the one going to the brake booster....
OEM part. no. 05142786AA (no longer available) so take good care of it!!! :wink:

No. 12 on diagram:
Image

_________________
Supporting Vendor and Moderator of LOST
05 Jeep Liberty CRD Limited :JEEPIN:
Ironman Springs/Bilstein/Shocks
Yeti StgIV Hot Tune
Week's BatteryTray
No FCV/EGR
Samcos/ProVent
SunCoast/Transgo
Carter Intank-pmp
2mic.Sec.Fuel Filter
Flowmaster/NO CAT
V6Airbox/noVH
GM11 Bld.fan/HDClutch
IronrockArms/wwdieselMount

98 Dodge Cummins 24 Valve


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What is this line under the a/c compressor?
PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 3:06 pm 
Offline
LOST Member

Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2015 3:51 pm
Posts: 108
Location: Merrimac, MA
Ill confirm that, thats the vacuum line from the vacuum pump.

_________________
2006 Jeep Liberty CRD Limited - Rebuilt at 145K
GDE Eco Tune
Weeks 1+2
ARP Studs
New rockers + Valves
New #1 pistion and all connecting rods
New Crankshaft
Carter In-Tank Pump


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What is this line under the a/c compressor?
PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 8:23 pm 
Offline
LOST Addict
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 27, 2016 9:12 pm
Posts: 2505
Location: Oregon Coast Dairy Country. Land of stumps, dumps, and "Liquid Pumps"
#13 on the diagram is the bolt and tab that stabilize the other end of this line which mounts to the Flow Control Valve body, I believe.
If you install Weeks 1 elbow kit, it comes with a special L bracket that mounts it to the intake manifold instead.

_________________
'06 Lbrty Sprt CRD 150K

Sasquatch
DSS Turbo
CAT-elimntr
Weeks Stg1&2 EGRfix
PV-200
BLING
vent gauges

IDParts
head
cams
rockers
Timing set
ARP studs
eTn1 GX2123 5v GPs

YETI Custom Tune
Flowmaster 8325508
Carter P76611M
GM 12611872
Hayden 2986
GM 15976889
PATC Custom Billet
2010 Ram Hemi Trans
Sonnax 44957
Transgo kit
Cooper 51770


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What is this line under the a/c compressor?
PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 9:41 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue Sep 22, 2009 10:16 pm
Posts: 3059
Location: Oxford, Connecticut
Jay.... when did you drop that valve?

_________________
2006 Liberty Limited CRD, Deep Beryl Green, Yeti tune, Arp studs, new cams, rockers, lifters, TB. "Green Monster"
2005 Liberty Sport CRD, Deep Beryl Green, GDE Hot Tune, ARP studs. "Rocket"
1982 Fiat 124 Spider Convertible. "Fiona"


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What is this line under the a/c compressor?
PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 9:53 pm 
Offline
LOST Addict
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2007 2:07 am
Posts: 6220
Location: Colorado Baby!
I also have a block with a #2 dropped valve.

Any interesting in selling a piston/Liner so I can make a good short block again?

_________________
http://www.Colorado4Wheel.com
"Its not about what you can DO with your Jeep, its about where you can GO with your Jeep."
Knowledgeable - But Caustic


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What is this line under the a/c compressor?
PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 7:06 pm 
Offline
LOST Junkie

Joined: Fri Mar 20, 2015 2:11 pm
Posts: 806
Location: markham, ontario
i was told that this engine is not supposed to drop intake valve , because they don't run hot , thanks for posting it again , but we are ok now because that guy that made them before is retired already LOL they have somebody else now with young eyes in quality control department


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What is this line under the a/c compressor?
PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 10:23 pm 
Offline
LOST Member

Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2015 8:07 pm
Posts: 398
Location: Southeast Michigan
rankom wrote:
i was told that this engine is not supposed to drop intake valve , because they don't run hot , thanks for posting it again , but we are ok now because that guy that made them before is retired already LOL they have somebody else now with young eyes in quality control department
I'm not exactly sure what you're saying, but I'm pretty sure it's an exhaust valve he dropped. Glow plug comes in from the intake side, but the missing valve is on the side opposite of the glow plug. Therefore, exhaust valve.
Jay ne Ohio wrote:
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What is this line under the a/c compressor?
PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 10:50 pm 
Offline
LOST Junkie

Joined: Fri Mar 20, 2015 2:11 pm
Posts: 806
Location: markham, ontario
lol Joe I'm saying you have a better eye than me and that guy that made them valves for VM thanks for corrections yes i need them glasses lol


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What is this line under the a/c compressor?
PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2016 2:29 pm 
Offline
LOST Member

Joined: Sun Dec 12, 2010 5:49 pm
Posts: 216
racertracer wrote:
Jay.... when did you drop that valve?


Racer,

I bought this project earlier this year. Finished harvest and now I have time to fix it up. The previous owner was a poster on here (I think his name was DieselGuy). I was hoping it was just a bad head gasket or rockers but......... Looks like I'll have about $500 in fixing it as the guy gave me a spare engine (100k miles) and head in the deal.

I'll put a liner, piston and rod in the bad engine and keep it as a spare short block. The liners are showing some wear at 225k, but I doubt I'll ever put many miles on it if it ever gets used.

_________________
My collection of CRD's:
2005 Deep Beryl Green Pearlcoat
2006 Light Khaki Metallic Clearcoat
2006 Inferno Red Crystal Pearlcoat
2006 Midnight Blue Pearlcoat
2006 Gold Limited
2015 Black Ecodiesel
2015 Black Ecodiesel 2


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What is this line under the a/c compressor?
PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2016 2:31 pm 
Offline
LOST Member

Joined: Sun Dec 12, 2010 5:49 pm
Posts: 216
Sir Sam wrote:
I also have a block with a #2 dropped valve.

Any interesting in selling a piston/Liner so I can make a good short block again?


The liners in the bad engine are showing a lot of wear at 225k miles. I am planning on putting a piston, rod and liner into this one and saving it as a spare for my 5 CRD's.

_________________
My collection of CRD's:
2005 Deep Beryl Green Pearlcoat
2006 Light Khaki Metallic Clearcoat
2006 Inferno Red Crystal Pearlcoat
2006 Midnight Blue Pearlcoat
2006 Gold Limited
2015 Black Ecodiesel
2015 Black Ecodiesel 2


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What is this line under the a/c compressor?
PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2016 12:34 pm 
Offline
LOST Addict
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2007 2:07 am
Posts: 6220
Location: Colorado Baby!
Jay ne Ohio wrote:
Sir Sam wrote:
I also have a block with a #2 dropped valve.

Any interesting in selling a piston/Liner so I can make a good short block again?


The liners in the bad engine are showing a lot of wear at 225k miles. I am planning on putting a piston, rod and liner into this one and saving it as a spare for my 5 CRD's.


Ok different approach, want to buy a short block with a dropped valve in #4? :D

_________________
http://www.Colorado4Wheel.com
"Its not about what you can DO with your Jeep, its about where you can GO with your Jeep."
Knowledgeable - But Caustic


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group. Color scheme by ColorizeIt!
Logo by pixeldecals.com