It is currently Fri Oct 09, 2026 9:03 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Remote start options
PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 12:24 pm 
Offline
LOST Addict

Joined: Fri Apr 02, 2010 3:14 pm
Posts: 2294
Location: Sumter, SC
Hey guys,

Anybody can please give me some ideas regarding a remote start for the crd? Preferably something I can do without involving a dealer (meaning I don't need any special computer to program it)? I know there is the option having the dealer install one, but I'd rather do it myself. Is there a good alternative on the market?

_________________
2005 kj CRD, samco, suncoast tc, provent, Kennedy lift pump, GDE ECO full torque, 2nd gen filter head, 245/70/16 a/t tires, mopar light bar, fumoto oil valve, OEM Skid Plates, ARB Front bumper and HD OME, tru cool LPD47391 40k GVW tranny cooler (stock cooler delete), FF Dynamics e-fan and shroud, rocker arms replaced, HDS2 190F thermostat.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Remote start options
PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 1:09 pm 
Offline
LOST Addict
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 04, 2013 1:21 pm
Posts: 2137
Location: Utah
I'm interested in this as well. I figured out how to get high idle working so it would be nice to have remote start too.

_________________
2006 CRD - GTB2056 turbo by Dieselguy86, Eco Trans Tune, Lift Pump, Week's, HDS Tstat, Racor Filter, ARP's, OME 790's+Top Plate, JBA 2.5", JBA UCA, Moab's+265/75R16, ARB Bull Bar, 4.10's, TrueTracs


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Remote start options
PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 2:29 pm 
Offline
LOST Newbie

Joined: Fri May 08, 2015 11:24 am
Posts: 10
Location: Michigan
We have had this basic viper one installed for a couple years now at an aftermarket installer we have here in Michigan called Auto One. It works from really far away and even inside buildings. My wife can start it from inside her college. They put a 30 sec wait on it to allow the glow plugs to heat up, then it will try and start. It learns what conditions are best for the vehicle to start so it kind of adapts to temperature swings after a couple attempts to start. I think it will try and start 4-5 times if it keeps failing to do so adjusting each time. They said that with the liberty's they were only able to get the flashers to turn on when the vehicle started, not the parking lights or headlights. Not sure why maybe more work? Anyhow definitely get the flasher or headlight on option when the vehicle successfully starts, gives you a visual start indication. Only got 1 remote for some reason with their install but it was only around $100-120 or so installed. allso wanted the added benifit of not accidently security disabling my own vehicle some and having noone to blame. Definiently worth that for just around $100-120.

I believe its this one or a code alarm or some other version of it.
https://www.viper.com/car/remotestart/p ... art-system

_________________
2005 Jeep Liberty CRD, 2.8L, 4x4, bought 5/2/2015 with 120k, Timing belt/water pump, Engine mounts, Fabricated aluminum boost pipes, Auto-meter ultra lite Boost, oil press, and trans temp gauges, Straight pipe exhaust, GDE Eco Full torque Tune, Cummins in tank Lift pump, viper 1 way remote start, V6 airbox, AEM Dryflow air filter, oil catch can.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Remote start options
PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 6:32 am 
Offline
LOST Addict

Joined: Fri Apr 02, 2010 3:14 pm
Posts: 2294
Location: Sumter, SC
B4NGER wrote:
We have had this basic viper one installed for a couple years now at an aftermarket installer we have here in Michigan called Auto One. It works from really far away and even inside buildings. My wife can start it from inside her college. They put a 30 sec wait on it to allow the glow plugs to heat up, then it will try and start. It learns what conditions are best for the vehicle to start so it kind of adapts to temperature swings after a couple attempts to start. I think it will try and start 4-5 times if it keeps failing to do so adjusting each time. They said that with the liberty's they were only able to get the flashers to turn on when the vehicle started, not the parking lights or headlights. Not sure why maybe more work? Anyhow definitely get the flasher or headlight on option when the vehicle successfully starts, gives you a visual start indication. Only got 1 remote for some reason with their install but it was only around $100-120 or so installed. allso wanted the added benifit of not accidently security disabling my own vehicle some and having noone to blame. Definiently worth that for just around $100-120.

I believe its this one or a code alarm or some other version of it.
https://www.viper.com/car/remotestart/p ... art-system

Thanks. I'm sure I could find someone documentation about Installing it.

_________________
2005 kj CRD, samco, suncoast tc, provent, Kennedy lift pump, GDE ECO full torque, 2nd gen filter head, 245/70/16 a/t tires, mopar light bar, fumoto oil valve, OEM Skid Plates, ARB Front bumper and HD OME, tru cool LPD47391 40k GVW tranny cooler (stock cooler delete), FF Dynamics e-fan and shroud, rocker arms replaced, HDS2 190F thermostat.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Remote start options
PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 7:15 am 
Offline
LOST Addict

Joined: Fri Apr 02, 2010 3:14 pm
Posts: 2294
Location: Sumter, SC
Looks like viper comes with some way of a wiring diagram, more a color coded wire description. As for purchase, our buddy Bezos sells everything:

Viper 5706V 2-Way Car Security with Remote Start System https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00GT2GA6Q/re ... uyb4XTXG41

The only issue so far for me is to bypass the vehicle security, it looks like the remote start won't work otherwise. Anybody knows what needs to be done? I can probably figure out which wires to connect where, based on the vehicle electric diagram, but I don't want to mess with the security/skim side without knowing exactly what I'm doing.

Anybody has any suggestions?

I wonder if I should post this to the gasser forum, this is not only crd related.

_________________
2005 kj CRD, samco, suncoast tc, provent, Kennedy lift pump, GDE ECO full torque, 2nd gen filter head, 245/70/16 a/t tires, mopar light bar, fumoto oil valve, OEM Skid Plates, ARB Front bumper and HD OME, tru cool LPD47391 40k GVW tranny cooler (stock cooler delete), FF Dynamics e-fan and shroud, rocker arms replaced, HDS2 190F thermostat.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Remote start options
PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2016 11:37 am 
Offline
LOST Newbie

Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2016 9:05 am
Posts: 65
Location: Upper Michigan
heres a video of a guy installing one in a 2003, he covers some of the stuff that is different between the years.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Remote start options
PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2016 1:36 pm 
Offline
LOST Member

Joined: Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:20 pm
Posts: 118
Location: Fargo, ND
Last fall I had Best Buy put one in my CRD, it was the Viper Basic 1-Way model, ~$200 installed. They had to install an additional module to work with the security system. The FOB is really small, which I why I chose this version. Has pretty decent range, and can upgrade to the cellular "Smart Start" option if I want to in the future. They can customize how long to wait to start, I think they set it at 12 sec. It blinks the parking lights once when it gets the signal from the FOB and turns them on once the engine is started.

_________________
2005 Liberty (KJ) CRD Limited - GDE FT ECO-Tune, Custom Trans Tune, Euro TC, 5V Steel GP, Weeks Stage 1&2, ARP Studs
1998 Cherokee (XJ) Classic - 30" Discoverer STT's on 2" Lift, SYE, 8.25 w/Aussie Locker
1984 CJ7 (CJ) - Stock
2011 VW Routan - Wish it had a CRD!
2011 Dodge Durango - HEMI, 4WD, Factory Tow Hook & Skid Plates


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group. Color scheme by ColorizeIt!
Logo by pixeldecals.com