| LOST JEEPS http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/ |
|
| Oil leak... appears to be the rear main http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=86449 |
Page 1 of 1 |
| Author: | tomasnc [ Sun Apr 16, 2017 5:52 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Oil leak... appears to be the rear main |
Hello All, I have a '05 CRD with 177,000 miles. It has never leaked a drop of oil until now and it's leaking enough to warrant this post. I was guessing I would find a drain pipe off the turbo to be the cause put I was wrong. I have a lot of oil coming from where the transmission mounts to the engine. I have read about possible turbo vacuum problems causing this leak too? I need to fire up the steam cleaner and wash the engine down to better define where my leak is coming from. I have too many "drip areas" to pin point. Ideas anyone? Thanks, Tom |
|
| Author: | flash7210 [ Sun Apr 16, 2017 7:48 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Oil leak... appears to be the rear main |
Whats the status of your crankcase vent? Stock setup? EHM? Provent? Its common for the seal, where the turbo oil drain pipe goes into the block, to leak and resemble a rear main leak. If you have a EHM, go back to the stock setup. |
|
| Author: | tomasnc [ Mon Apr 17, 2017 4:36 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Oil leak... appears to be the rear main |
flash7210 wrote: Whats the status of your crankcase vent? Stock setup? EHM? Provent? Its common for the seal, where the turbo oil drain pipe goes into the block, to leak and resemble a rear main leak. If you have a EHM, go back to the stock setup. Flash, I'm all stock. |
|
| Page 1 of 1 | All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|