| LOST JEEPS http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/ |
|
| I'm thinking about selling my CRD. Talk me out of it. http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=86672 |
Page 1 of 1 |
| Author: | gt40freak [ Mon Jun 05, 2017 12:00 am ] |
| Post subject: | I'm thinking about selling my CRD. Talk me out of it. |
I am having injector problems whitch is being discused in this thread. viewtopic.php?t=86617 Most people post threads when they're having problems with their Jeep. Since my CRD has almost 160k on it & has not had the rockers replaced, I am leary of keeping it much longer. I want to hear (if there are any) good stories of your CRD's with high miles still going strong. I would like to keep it but i just dont want it to be a money pit. I have even gone to the trouble of starting to write the ad for it. I have for sale a 06 Jeep Liberty CRD. We are the second owners & have had it since 2007. Extras include: Optima AGM yellow top deep cycle/starting battery LED Dome lights ARB front bull bar bumper Custom storage box in bumper with: Chrome block heater plug with lid. Reciever hitch for mounting winch or other 2" accessories. Tensioning bolts to hold reciever tight 175 amp 12 volt plug to power a winch or other accessories (I also made a set of jumper cables to plug in here, I will include) Roof rack: 4 front facing 55 watt halogen offroad lights 5 LED flood lights facing all directions that can be: on with the dome lights, always off or switch on & off independant from the dome light. I have left them on all night & it started up the next morning. All wiring for the lights connects to vehicle with a trailer plug to be able to remove rack easily. CB antenna that can be folded flat. Front sway bar disconnects. 3" Magnaflow muffler Kennedy fuel lift pump installed on frame for easy serviceability. Timing belt serviced at 143,000 miles including: New Gates belt New Graf water pump has metal impeller OEM is plastic New tensioner New idler pulleys All new gaskets on the timing cover Intercooler was cleaned & pressure tested for leaks Radiator was cleaned EGR delete kit installed Alternator was replaced at about 125,000 miles I still have the original. It only needs a new pulley. |
|
| Author: | TKB4 [ Mon Jun 05, 2017 1:46 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: I'm thinking about selling my CRD. Talk me out of it. |
I saw your post on another thread about needing injectors. Do you know for sure that is the problem? If you need one or more to make a diagnosis instead of buying some just to find out I may be able to help. You may PM me. Kelly |
|
| Author: | flash7210 [ Mon Jun 05, 2017 8:00 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: I'm thinking about selling my CRD. Talk me out of it. |
Just bite the bullet and replace the rockers. Then you wont have to worry about them any more. You've already got a lot of time and money into it with accessories and stuff. If you sell it, you will never get back what you've already put into it. |
|
| Author: | geordi [ Mon Jun 05, 2017 8:18 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: I'm thinking about selling my CRD. Talk me out of it. |
With all those mods to make it yours... Why would you let something like the rockers (and valves if you are feeling adventurous) stop you? The rockers don't fail on their own, if you have already deleted the EGR (even with a GDE tune which doesn't completely eliminate the problem b/c the valve itself is not guaranteed to seal when closed)... Then that stops most of the damaging soot from getting into the intake and scratching up the rockers anyway. If you measure the MAF airflow and it is over 15 (I think the scale is mg/stroke) then they are good. Anything over 17 is great. If yours comes up with numbers like that, then there isn't anything to worry about for now and you can budget for the rockers and valves together at some point. Don't forget: People that are happily out driving their CRD aren't posting on the forums b/c they aren't having problems. I know we tend to get hypersensitive about every little thing. The trick is to remember the possible symptoms and not panic until we notice one of those. Otherwise - just enjoy your truck, it's paid off! (hopefully) |
|
| Author: | gt40freak [ Mon Jun 05, 2017 12:40 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: I'm thinking about selling my CRD. Talk me out of it. |
geordi wrote: With all those mods to make it yours... Why would you let something like the rockers (and valves if you are feeling adventurous) stop you? The rockers don't fail on their own, if you have already deleted the EGR (even with a GDE tune which doesn't completely eliminate the problem b/c the valve itself is not guaranteed to seal when closed)... Then that stops most of the damaging soot from getting into the intake and scratching up the rockers anyway. If you measure the MAF airflow and it is over 15 (I think the scale is mg/stroke) then they are good. Anything over 17 is great. If yours comes up with numbers like that, then there isn't anything to worry about for now and you can budget for the rockers and valves together at some point. Don't forget: People that are happily out driving their CRD aren't posting on the forums b/c they aren't having problems. I know we tend to get hypersensitive about every little thing. The trick is to remember the possible symptoms and not panic until we notice one of those. Otherwise - just enjoy your truck, it's paid off! (hopefully) I ran the ORM for most of its life. I only fully deleted the EGR 17k ago. My MAF reading is around 12-14. Would a bad injector cause it to be that low or do I definatly have a rocker issue. I would like to keep technical discussion on the other thread though. That way this thread can stay focused on the pros & cons of a high mileage CRD. |
|
| Author: | mass-hole [ Mon Jun 05, 2017 1:29 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: I'm thinking about selling my CRD. Talk me out of it. |
gt40freak wrote: geordi wrote: With all those mods to make it yours... Why would you let something like the rockers (and valves if you are feeling adventurous) stop you? The rockers don't fail on their own, if you have already deleted the EGR (even with a GDE tune which doesn't completely eliminate the problem b/c the valve itself is not guaranteed to seal when closed)... Then that stops most of the damaging soot from getting into the intake and scratching up the rockers anyway. If you measure the MAF airflow and it is over 15 (I think the scale is mg/stroke) then they are good. Anything over 17 is great. If yours comes up with numbers like that, then there isn't anything to worry about for now and you can budget for the rockers and valves together at some point. Don't forget: People that are happily out driving their CRD aren't posting on the forums b/c they aren't having problems. I know we tend to get hypersensitive about every little thing. The trick is to remember the possible symptoms and not panic until we notice one of those. Otherwise - just enjoy your truck, it's paid off! (hopefully) I ran the ORM for most of its life. I only fully deleted the EGR 17k ago. My MAF reading is around 12-14. Would a bad injector cause it to be that low or do I definatly have a rocker issue. I would like to keep technical discussion on the other thread though. That way this thread can stay focused on the pros & cons of a high mileage CRD. Where do you live? Depending on elevation and air pressure the MAF number will not be exact. I see 12.5-12.8 grams/second when mine is hot and idling here at 6500'. This number did not change after changing my rocker arms this fall with 93,000 miles. |
|
| Author: | gt40freak [ Mon Jun 05, 2017 1:53 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: I'm thinking about selling my CRD. Talk me out of it. |
mass-hole wrote: gt40freak wrote: geordi wrote: With all those mods to make it yours... Why would you let something like the rockers (and valves if you are feeling adventurous) stop you? The rockers don't fail on their own, if you have already deleted the EGR (even with a GDE tune which doesn't completely eliminate the problem b/c the valve itself is not guaranteed to seal when closed)... Then that stops most of the damaging soot from getting into the intake and scratching up the rockers anyway. If you measure the MAF airflow and it is over 15 (I think the scale is mg/stroke) then they are good. Anything over 17 is great. If yours comes up with numbers like that, then there isn't anything to worry about for now and you can budget for the rockers and valves together at some point. Don't forget: People that are happily out driving their CRD aren't posting on the forums b/c they aren't having problems. I know we tend to get hypersensitive about every little thing. The trick is to remember the possible symptoms and not panic until we notice one of those. Otherwise - just enjoy your truck, it's paid off! (hopefully) I ran the ORM for most of its life. I only fully deleted the EGR 17k ago. My MAF reading is around 12-14. Would a bad injector cause it to be that low or do I definatly have a rocker issue. I would like to keep technical discussion on the other thread though. That way this thread can stay focused on the pros & cons of a high mileage CRD. Where do you live? Depending on elevation and air pressure the MAF number will not be exact. I see 12.5-12.8 grams/second when mine is hot and idling here at 6500'. This number did not change after changing my rocker arms this fall with 93,000 miles. Missouri at about 900 ft |
|
| Author: | PANHEAD [ Mon Jun 05, 2017 4:26 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: I'm thinking about selling my CRD. Talk me out of it. |
With 175K on mine and similar add ons, I had a suspicious head gasket, thought about selling but.....pulled head, new rockers & exhaust valves, timing, water pump etc, I figured after having pretty much every problem posted over the years plus 5K in add ons I might as well keep it for the apocalypse! It is running great, ride is great, killer stereo, still looks great, looking forward to hitting 300K>> |
|
| Page 1 of 1 | All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|